Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.123.007] Asteroids no longer mineable after hotfix

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Lord Starwolf, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Lord Starwolf Trainee Engineer

Dedicated server, all players on server are no longer able to mine asteroids. SP mining works. Planet mining also works. Unable to deform voxels at all on asteroids, only able to scrape top layer of stone off before drills no longer affect voxels.

Persists through logout insofar as we can tell. Tried cryochamber relog, ect.

Tried dissassembling drills/hand drills. No effect.

Hand mining/right clicking no longer deform voxels on asteroids either.

Warheads seem to work, would be nice if that helped mining.

Kinda wish you'd break stuff on a monday tbh.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

A player on my server has reported this issue to me. +1

3. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hi there!

Thank you for the report. Is the issue present even after thorough server restart? If so, can you please share more details about the issue?

Regards,
    PF

4. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

More details:

The issue, as reported to me, is that the asteroid voxels do not update. Attempts to drill them puts a small amount of ore in the drill's inventory, creates a small amount of floating debris, and creates all the visual effects of a drill doing work... but the asteroid voxel does not update to show the drilled surface. The asteroid remains in an undrilled state, and further attempts to drill the same spot do not yield ore--it's as if the asteroid has already been drilled, but its collision and visual presence remain static.

Clients disconnecting and reconnecting does not resolve the issue; clients flying away from and returning to the asteroid does not resolve the issue.

Will report back after the server is restarted this evening.

5. Kleever 2 Trainee Engineer

I am seeing the same issue on my DS. Restarts had zero impact on this for me.

6. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

This sounds like the issue I reported a while ago. http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/1-...eem-to-have-reverted-and-cannot-mine.7379518/

No idea what makes it happen, it'll be fine on one client but not on another then suddenly not fine again. I deleted all of the files for the asteroids from our server and that fixed the issue for a little while then it started happening again.

We ended up wiping the server and starting again :(

7. Lord Starwolf Trainee Engineer

It's hit or miss with the mining: 4 days, six restarts and a crash enabled a few hours of mining today.

8. Lord Starwolf Trainee Engineer

Just to update: Today I was able to hand mine, but unable to deform any asteroid using ship drills (large grid)

9. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

After updating the server with the recent patch, my space-faring player reports the asteroid in question is still un-mineable. However, he reports that other asteroids are able to be mined.

I've logged the GPS coordinates of the un-mineable asteroid. @Prescott Freyd : Would sending the save game help? What would I need to include?

10. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Definitely! Just a save file with the coordinates would help a bunch :)

PF

11. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

Sent to your Inbox. :)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.