Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.124.007][SP][64bit] (SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x8007000E]) Memory Leak?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Aurex, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Aurex Trainee Engineer

I just launched the game for the sake of it and collected both the log files, will post them here.

This is the main log, and this...

is the Vrage log, both from a session that went this way: started the game (with admin privileges), loaded last savegame while on lowest possible settings (just the aa was present, but having or not having it does not seem to have any effect on the crashes), crashed to the desktop with the usual out of memory error.

Drivers I'm using are the latest for the cards of my line. Again, no software or hardware problems I can think of or pinpoint. Everything else is working more than fine.

~quick edit, this was using the borrowed ram sticks, so 16gb instead of the usual 8. Problem seems to be related to the graphics compartment, as the crash itself suggest.

2. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Something odd in that log you just shared is that your refresh rate is set to 60000 rather than 60. Can you check your settings for that? Either in game or via the SpaceEngineers.cfg file as it may have just been a glitch but if not then it's trying to push out far more updates than your card could possibly handle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Aurex Trainee Engineer

The *cfg totally said 60000, tried to change it to 60 and the game crashed as soon as I tried to load a savegame, with "unknown exception error". Might be that 60000 is just the game engine's way to say 60?

4. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Did anything different show in the log this time when it crashed or was it literally just unknown exception?
    The game definitely uses '60' rather than '60000', my log and config file both read as 60.

5. Aurex Trainee Engineer

Well, it did point out to some strings of code or addresses, but I really didn't have enough time to print screen since it vanished in less than a second. This is very strange indeed, plus the game somehow reverted to 60000 as soon as I started it again.

6. Kham Apprentice Engineer

That's strange it reverted back to 60000 when you relaunch the game. I wonder if there's some graphic card setting which is overriding it for full screen applications. Might be worth changing the WindowMode to 0 and the RefreshRate to 60 then try launching the game to see if it still reverts.

7. Aurex Trainee Engineer

I will try as soon as I can, thanks (probably tomorrow). This bug/issue is really getting on my nerves...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Aurex Trainee Engineer

Had a moment of spare time, tried to reset the parameters... the cfg will not reset - it stays on 60 instead of 60000... but the game keeps crashing no matter what. Usual out of memory error. I haven't been able to play for weeks now, this is really getting frustrating. I know there are a lot of bugs to squash out there, but most of them do not keep someone entirely from playing. I can't do much more than to post the logs and hope that someone on the devs team takes some time to pinpoint the exact problem. One thing I know (did too many tests not to be almost sure of it) is that it's not my hardware/software's fault. The fault lies somewhere in the game code. There are others with the same issue, and with no fix in sight I can't just waste hours and hours by trying to fix this on my own. Same goes for the kind souls willing to help me out, it's not like it's their job. Will stick with Empyrion for the time being, I think :/

9. Kham Apprentice Engineer

I can understand that. It's a shame none of the Devs have come in to try and offer any ideas or at least a comforting "we're aware, this is an issue in the game and not with your hardware" etc. Considering how much community activity the thread has garnered. Will still keep trying to think up other things to try for you man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

^

and, as always, update your drivers. catalyst has had a rough time with win 10 compatibility and they're still fixing bugs.
    This has been an open issue for some time in our internal tracker. Unfortunately, render bugs remain one of the last areas where we have been slow to make a lot of fixes. We're working on catching up now but it's slow going.

As a note to ...well everyone... the title of this thread is good in that it includes the exception line. What is also needed to verify a match is the first unique line from the call stack. In this case, it's SharpDX.Direct3D11.Device.CreateTexture2D because the CheckError method above it is common for most render crashes. It is the method that gives us the extra information on the exception line. So CreateTexture2D is actually where the crash happened in the code. I wish all of this could fit in the title somehow but if you guys know that all of that is important information, I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make sure it's all available.

"Also, render logs are important for render crashes!" ~Cpt. Obvious

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Aurex Trainee Engineer

Good to know this will be fixed, sooner or later (hopefully sooner :D). As for the title, I'm a total ignorant when it comes to code in general, I should thank Kham for suggesting me to alter the title in the first place :) Oh, and... isn't the render log the last I posted up here?

• Like Like x 1
  12. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

Yes, you did well!

13. vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

I've got another suggestion, since my Space Engineers did just freeze -not crash-, leaving it possible to examine it with Process Explorer (this happens from time to time, but I don't have any clues). There's a DLL (or executive in general) what does not belong to SE or to common system files named ffdshow.ax. I know that there're a bunch of so-called Codec Packs out there, and I also do know that most of them (except ffdshow) lead to codec corruption -- which can cause crashes, too, escpecially there's more than one installed.

So, everything that is running parallel with the game code is a possible jammer. This is due to the open PC design.

My suggestion is to analyze your codecs, uninstall those you'd installed, and use the latest ffdshow codec. Only install those you really do need.

HTH

14. Aurex Trainee Engineer

I never thought about codecs, actually, but I tried. Installed GSpot (that name is way too kinky in my opinion, though :woot:), took every single codec off and installed the basic ones, mpeg2-3-4, mkv, avi... game still crashes. Still, it was worth a try :)

15. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

oh, hey guys. I just read the conversation about the refresh rate. This is normal behavior. Some cards report in KHz and some report in Hz. 60000 Hz = 60 KHz.

Edited: for labels (wtf was I thinking fps lol)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Aurex Trainee Engineer

This might sound silly, but that 60k refresh rate was kind of creeping me out. http://memegenerator.net/instance/67595845

17. Kham Apprentice Engineer

That makes sense, thanks for posting that for future reference. :)

18. Konoka Trainee Engineer

19. Aurex Trainee Engineer

Yes, still present - I can confirm. Same issue. Not fixed in, what... seven months? Re-posted it under bug report, here you have it:

http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/01...hresult-0x8007000e-memory-leak.7380909/page-3

cause I truly hope it was just a coincidence after I took a long hiatus due to this very bug. It's very simple: I can't play the game for more than 5 minutes, no matter the settings, without it sending me back to the desktop with a not enough memory (false, enough for me to run Sony Vegas + Witcher 3 ultra at the SAME time) message or no message at all. Memory leak, possibly, but some other kind of conflict might be in the realm of possibilities. I don't know, I'm not really a tech guy, not when it comes to software at least.

20. Konoka Trainee Engineer

hm, i have made follow
    i have wachet my Vram of a gtx780Ti (3gb Vram) the ram was imidialy full.
    then i have read a post on stem wich tolt sometimes can the compatibility mod solve some issues on Win10 i select the 7 compatibility an removed the SE config file.
    i have start a new game the Vram was 2.5-2.8GB, i have played again on two maps one time my own an the next the moon starter map i played round one and a half h with out ram overflow.
    but, its very strange thes the recomend ram of GPU are 2gb foem SE and it runs out on many players with Grafikcarts up to 4GB.
    the game settings was allmost the same after deleting the cfg i men it was only the vsync off, not sure,
    may be it helps someone an helps the devteam to look where are the problem.
    Greetings

Edit
    http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/windows-10-information-troubleshooting.7366738/the
    the same post are on Steam

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.