Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.124] Texture Packer tool not in ModSDK

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gwindalmir, Mar 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Where is this tool located?
    I have the ModSDK downloaded on steam, and it doesn't appear to be there with the other tools (mwmbuilder, VRageEditor).
    It's also not in the game install itself.

2. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Its in your steam library, look in there under tools. I just checked there and saw the SDK.

3. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

If you look at my screenshots, you'll see I already have it installed. It's the new texture packer tool itself that is missing.

:)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  4. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Hmm, I see what you mean now. try looking in the space texture converter folder, and then in textures converter folder inside it?

Edit: doesn't seem to be in there either...was looking for files that match today's date but not seeing one unless it was a tool integrated into one of the others.

5. Gwindalmir Senior Engineer

Yeah, it's not obvious, and the new guide doesn't say.

6. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

Eventually I need to figure out how that stuff works though too since I wanted to try learning blender over the summer and perhaps start work on my own ship/station interior as well as a weapon arsenal. I've never done any modding for SE before, but I'm interested in learning it.

7. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

There is a commercial tool called Texture Packer. If that's what they are using they won't be able to distribute it as it is not their product and requires a licence.

https://www.codeandweb.com/texturepacker

8. Cmdr_Forge Apprentice Engineer

I hope they weren't referring to software you have to buy when they mentioned and released that guide.

9. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hey guys!

Sorry for this issue, we're on it, hopefully it will get fixed soon! Thank you for the report :)

Regards,
    PF

10. Voraga Trainee Engineer

Just updated my SE Mod SDK and it now has the tool. However when I open the tool it goes to a settings window (has no icon on the hotbar) and won't allow me to save an output file, the only option is to click cancel and close the program...

EDIT: So the guide says Ok and Apply only become available when all options are correct. I have not changed any of the options except output path and I changed it to C:\ I know that location exists. EVERYTHING else I left defaulted to how it was set before.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.