Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

01.144 Atmo Thrusters Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tkeleth, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Tkeleth Trainee Engineer

as of 01.144, Atmospheric Thrusters provide thrust whether toggled on or off. The Control Panel interface toggle can be set to off, and exiting the cockpit and visually looking at the thrusters shows the turbines not spinning, nor any flames coming from the other end, which seems to indicate they are actually legitimately off.

Regardless of the setting used, they still provide lift/thrust.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Czak Trainee Engineer

Same for me. Small atmosferic thrusters work and produce thrust even when toggled as "Off'. This started to happen today after the patch.

What is worse they drain my ships energy 24/7 now...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  3. TitanFallX Trainee Engineer

Same here.

4. Tkeleth Trainee Engineer

I hadn't checked the energy drain, thanks for the info. Hopefully this will get hotfixed rather than wait until a new patch... not exactly game-breaking but it's damn bothersome. :)

5. Smeghammer Trainee Engineer

They also still provide thrust while damaged.

6. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

This is happening to all thruster types. I just tested it in a vanilla world with ion thrusters. They still provide thrust when turned off.

Hydrogen thrusters as well.

Do not try to fix your ships, it seems like a bug with the game code and will likely be fixed by keen in a future update. For now, be careful when trying to dock your ships.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. valkyre Trainee Engineer

Confirmed and bumped!

Played MP yesterday on STABLE and every thruster behaves like this.

8. Julian Trainee Engineer

No comment

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  9. ferdinanden Trainee Engineer

I think this would explain why my ships drained the batteries of the base when they were connected and thrusters turned off.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  10. Venator2070 Trainee Engineer

The bug even "works" with modded thrusters and it's superannoying if you have a ship that when all thruster groups are online can accelerate from 0 to 9001 m/s in a mere second. try docking that with that bug!

11. Kokurokoki Apprentice Engineer

If anything its completely hilarious. You smash into your docking bay at hypersonic speeds and cause all sorts of explosions. :woot:

12. ViroMan Senior Engineer

or... at that speed you just phase through the dock and "pop" into existence (as far as the physics is concerned) in the middle of your base.

also... ya I have same issue... lucky for me I only have small ships since I just recently started a new save.

13. Czak Trainee Engineer

Has anything changed with the engines since the yesterday patch? Any hotfix or even the "stable" version is unplayable?

14. c.manessinger Trainee Engineer

Indeed, I do hope for a hotfix soon.

The Video from Julian applies also for me, except 3 interesting points:
    - Small ships are not effected by the continues upward Thrust, only the energy consumption when switched off.
    - one of my ships has a continues downward thrust (~1.5m/s)
    - when deactivating the dampeners my ship stops upward acceleration, but continues with the current speed (no effect of gravity?!?).... I can then, by pressing c, reduce speed and stop in the air (with dampeners off)

Happy bug hunting.
    Regards

15. AstralChild Trainee Engineer

seems still same problema even on dedicated servers. ship runs out of fuel even if the fuel-consuming thrusters are offline
    adiĆ³s SE-weekend :)
    on another hand, it seems as it the atmo-thrusters are generating thrust in outer space now....which solves my problema partially...but isnt really as it should be :-(

16. ViroMan Senior Engineer

There was a hotfix posted.. after leaving the game today it updates a few MB's have not tried it yet.

17. Venator2070 Trainee Engineer

The hotfix didn't fix the trhuster issue. But it contained fixes for some skripts. as far as i can tell anyway.

18. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

This applies to ALL thrusters!

I have just done a quick test after having to replace 5 grinders and welders on my small ship in the last hour due to the large ion thruster which is turned off yet still applying thrust. Ok, get this - I ground the large thruster down to 10% in an attempt to disable it- it STILL THRUSTS!!!! Seriously!!??
    --- Automerge ---
    Testing update - this bug is even worse than first thought. I just placed 30 large thrusters on the back of a ship in survival mode. I did not weld them up at all. The thing accelerates like shit of a shovel and the reactor instantly overloads!! I'd post a screenshot of the ship for you to laugh at, but I can't see anywhere to attach it.
    --- Automerge ---
    [​IMG]

Edit 4: Done yet another test with some hydrogen thrusters but not replicated the problem with them yet.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Psychokillano1 Trainee Engineer

So no fixes that we know of? Seems to be any new world, the thrusters work fine.... Old save does not work tho. Am getting annoyed because of the hundreds of hours of game time i have spent is shit if i can't fly ships anymore... I can't be asked to start a whole new world :(

20. Jarod997 Apprentice Engineer

Will try this in my survival game and see if it's happening to me too.

Edit: Small Grid: if I turn the atmospheric thrusters off, they will still provide thrust. If I turn off the power (press "Y"), then they do actually turn off.

21. Psychokillano1 Trainee Engineer

OK so i fixed the (ship going upwards whilst on the planet) issue.... Get in a ship that isn't doing this or build a new ship and connect using a connector (not used a merge block to test this yet) (also not tried the whole, build a new ship, option... i had a ship nearby that didn't have the issue) and it should kick the ship into correcting it's thruster upwards issue. I still have issues with the thrusters working even when turned off so that is still a pain...

22. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

Last update. Hydrogen thruster do it as well. Unlike the ion thrusters, you have to actually construct them though (and give them some fuel), but they still provide thrust and burn up the hydrogen when the blocks are off.

23. Psychokillano1 Trainee Engineer

Also fixes upwards drift issue if you dock with a connector, can be tricky but you can use a downward thruster with 2-4n thrust to counter most of the speed...

Now just to figure out how to fix the always powered thrusters...

24. ViroMan Senior Engineer

Hey switch the hyd tanks to receive only. See if the hyd thrusters still give thrust.

25. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

I haven't tried it but I can guess they won't, similar to when the hydro ran out (I only threw in a small amount of ice to test it) and also same as what Jarod found that by turning off power takes away the thrust for atmo's. It's a thruster block on/off bug by the looks of it.

Edit: Just tested and turning "Stockpile" on for the Hydro tank does indeed stop the thrusters working.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. AstralChild Trainee Engineer

Well, on my Dedicated server in survival even with "stockpile" on, after about 10 seconds of thrusting with atmospheric thrusters (having the Hyrdo's offlined), the tanks are down to under 10%
    (I checked that 3 times in a row to be sure)

27. Grape_Ape Trainee Engineer

I didn't check the hydro consumption when in stockpile mode, I was just checking for ghost thrust. Should be easy enough to check though, the extra junk is still welded to the top of my ship.

Edit: Wow, yup, I'm getting the same thing. Engines off, stockpile on, no ghost thrust, hydro still being consumed!

28. SnottyCat Trainee Engineer

Same here. Only time the thrusters were off is when all power is switched off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Atmospheric thrusters provide thrust & consume power regardless of their power state... so long as Inertia Dampeners are turned ON.
    Worse yet, the power drain is maximum.

My workaround for this, to avoid having all my uranium burned up, is to switch the thrusters OFF and also turn dampeners OFF when landed. That stops the thrust as well as the high power drain.

30. crazybmanp Trainee Engineer

is anyone from KSH going to even mention this huge issue, its impossible to use planets like this.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.