Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01.153 DEV AND 01.149 STABLE] Piston and rotor head not connected to grid after game load

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by shawnm89, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. shawnm89 Trainee Engineer

After loading up my game, i noticed the grid on top of my pistons suddenly have no power. So I've removed the grid on the piston, and i could push the piston head away. Replaced the pistons and tried again, sure enough after game reload, same issue.
    Also, I tested with another build, of a merge block on a piston. Once the merge block detached, the piston head was able to fly off, but weirdly enough the piston was still attached to the grid. This all happens after game reload.

2. mos Apprentice Engineer

Indeed something is odd. Paste for example this blueprint and the rotors all fall off for no reason

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Getting the same thing here.

I have a drill vehicle with multiple stacked pistons. After this update, the pistons attached to the main grid have power ....but the stuff attached to the piston is not recognised as being part of the vehicle. No power...not shown in terminal either. Not functional.

Definitely a bug

4. Morloc Apprentice Engineer

I shut off a Connector attached to a piston and the connector and piston end piece just fell right off the main body of the piston.

-Morloc

5. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Can confirm pasting blueprints usually ends in the attached grids (piston heads/rotor parts) becoming unattached. Also same thing happens loading worlds so be careful with autosaves guys. Its not random afaik.

Just to add i'm on stable. Could the OP maybe change the title to include Stable please. Saves multiple bug reports being made for the same problem. Cheers

6. Burillo Junior Engineer

same here

7. posthy Apprentice Engineer

Yep, I put some LCDs on a rotor to angle them, just this afternoon, minutes before the update. After the update, when I reloaded the world, all my LCDs are offline, and not to be found in the control panel. Pasting a blueprint that contains rotor I didn't even dare to try...

8. shawnm89 Trainee Engineer

Title updated, thanks guys!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rangerblitz Trainee Engineer

I'm having the same issue and it just started happening after today's update. I have 2 pistons with connectors attached on each side of my ship. The connectors have no power and don't appear to be part to the ship's grid like they used to. I found a temporary solution which is to grind down the pistons and connectors and rebuild them but the problem comes back after I exit and re launch the game or reload the world using F5. This needs a hoxfix ASAP because I'm unable to play without those connectors to my ship; the ship is my base!

10. shawnm89 Trainee Engineer

yep, i agree with you there, i rebuilt the pistons several times, and on reload same issue.

11. Draygo Senior Engineer

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  12. karras85 Trainee Engineer

After the last update on dev from 1.152, all my "new gen" of blueprints switched their rotors to locked, and when trying to paste them, they paste detached as already reported early, and my "old gen" of blueprints are still attached, but the rotors somehow cant transmit power to the next grids, so i cant see past the 1st rotor.
    And when load a save that worked and had the rotors unlocked, they load locked, and have the same effect when i try to re-attach them, the power is not going through the rotor.
    When going back to stable, everything works like allways, bot new and old gen of blueprints and savegames.
    When i say old gen or new gen of blueprints i mean there is an actual difference between the blueprints made in old versions and newer (i just opened both with notepad and saw there is already differences at the start of the code).
    I upload this examples to the workshop if you one to use them as references.

Here is an old gen blueprint.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764304930

And this is a new gen blueprint.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764306537

Now, i found a way to reproduce this:

Start on stable and create a custom world, i used the earth easy start.

place a landing gear and create a something like this pic, remember to put the reactor over the second rotor.
    [​IMG]
    If dosent show, its a landing gear, with a few blocks and a cockpit, then a rotor, over that rotor, a few more blocks and then another rotor, and over that a small reactor.

With the rotors unlocked, create a blueprint of it.

Save the game and update to the DEV version.

When load the save, the rotors will be attached, but it wont recieve power, and when trying to paste the blueprint it will fall appart as it was created with the rotors locked.

Hope it helps and gets fixed since one of the fixes this week was about that :/

Regards.

13. Dortmunder Trainee Engineer

Been having this issue as well.

Built a Solar Array with Rotors to track the sun. After coming back to the game(loading the save), all Rotors and anything past the head of the Rotor no longer shows as connected to the grid :(

14. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

hmm, i have a save game to check.....

just checked a save game, stuff on the other end of 2 rotors is still connected, tho this is in offline mode

01.149.002 stable

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  15. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

After today's hotfix...my pistons are behaving themselves again and subgrids are showing up as they used to. I am hoping this has been fixed for rotors too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I23I7 ME Tester

Good happy to hear that!

• Like Like x 1
  17. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

need to test this on DedServ too, but im not on Dev but will give stable a DedServ, piston rotor and wheels test when i wake up... now for some zzzz

18. I23I7 ME Tester

Oki doki

19. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

did some testing, and while testing i discovered i could paste in a small grid BP that its single rotor did not detach and still functioned, and believe it or not, there was a piston AND a landing gear after the rotor, the whole thing works fine after pasting... i will upload and link it a bit later :D

i will also paste it into a world and upload the save game, just in case the act of making a workshop BP of it borks it :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. I23I7 ME Tester

:pbjt: Rotors,landing gear and piston was said in one phrase without clang involved? Oh happy day! :pbjt:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. karras85 Trainee Engineer

I found that when you lock the rotors, sometimes it reset its position depending of the angle wich is locked, and the limits gets screwed up, im uploading a video wich shows the issue and a temporary fix it is to detach and reattach the heads again, every time you do the lock-unlock sequence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Bit late to the party but ye the hotfix sorted the issue for me (Stable SP and MP).

23. I23I7 ME Tester

Alright tag me in your post if necessary thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  24. karras85 Trainee Engineer

Here is the video with the example, All this is on DEV.
    (it says 1 more hour to finnish the proccesing)
    And the blueprint if you want to test it and see if you have similar results.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767294456

Still from now on, im gonna start to put all rotors on 180° and consider that the center, it makes everything way easier.

25. I23I7 ME Tester

Hello

Reported this issue thanks for sharing it it with us!

• Like Like x 2
  26. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

here it is...
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=767470564
    this seems to ignoring the bugs, this pastes in wothout a problem and the parts stays connected after re-loading game

EDIT
    ok just noticed it has been hotfixed.... oh well :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. I23I7 ME Tester

No issue.

28. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  29. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

It sort of is, as all the issues loading a world and pasting ship/vehicles all relate to the rotors/pistons not being attached. Afaik these issues have all been fixed.

30. karras85 Trainee Engineer

Here is with rotors in a different position, the lock bug remains, the early one happened because it was close to the angle limit, but if there is more than 2 rotor attached to something, it disconnect the rest without detaching it.
    Here is an example vid.

The rest so far is fixed. :D

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.