Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01_098_009] Friday hotfix has killed game physics?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MgrBuddha, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. welkar926 Apprentice Engineer

Yesterday, I tried docking a large ship to a station as part of a bug test and the ship connector just blew up. All blocks surrounding that part were damaged as well.

Does this count as broken game physics?

2. Two Apprentice Engineer

Two days ago when the bug-fix patch broke factions of NPC ships someone told me "Don't worry, they are going to hotfix it tomorrow". That one totally broke game physics. Now I am worried about what the next "fix" is going to break. :/

3. OI Steven Trainee Engineer

I think they added explodium to everything.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Echillion Senior Engineer

My server mates are experiencing regular bouts of explodium and I cant even get on due to steams news feed and service being crap!

5. Benokt Apprentice Engineer

You need explosives (10x) to build heavy armor block.

6. rexxar Senior Engineer

I picked the wrong day to start playing again. My welding ship bumped the connector and blew up, tossing every single component I have out into space. Naturally, the game decided to autosave at that exact moment. Sigh. I just wanted a break from calculus homework :`(

7. ҽQ. Dope Trainee Engineer

blew up welding ships trying to fix each other 3 ships down lol givin up game untill fix as 1/2 my server :'(

8. Shogun KA YO! Trainee Engineer

everything when touching something acts as though you are moving at full speed from what Shogun has tested

9. PrvtBob-shieldsbobrose1 Trainee Engineer

Same exploding while mining. Blew a big hole in my ship.

10. Malware Master Engineer

Thanks for the warning people. Was able to go back to an earlier version and avoid loss thanks to you :)

11. bronxae Apprentice Engineer

oh good I'm not alone, was going crazy about this last night, my buddy couldn't even get the drill ship out of the hanger with out it exploding. I'll try turning block damage off in our world we have until this gets fixed. I play with 3 other people on a small server world I have on my computer and we all where having issues with this.

12. mos Apprentice Engineer

Yeah, this is happening here too.

MP
    PhysicsIterations=4

Lost Merge Blocks on my miner and construction ship while docking and damaged everything around that.

For some weird reason, docking my 400 000 kg constructor to my 50 000 000 kg carrier pulled my carrier towards my constructor and thereby crashed the floating debris of my freshly damaged miner into my hangar walls resulting in major hull damage.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Echillion Senior Engineer

Ouch! the devs need to sort this pronto!

14. mos Apprentice Engineer

disabling block damage for a while sounds like a sensible thing to do until this is sorted out. It kinda feels like cheating but I don't want to reconstruct utility ships for the rest of the evening

I'm not sure about it but it -seems- reducing Physics Iterations down to 1 on a dedicated server kind of makes things playable again. Clamping force of connectors and stuff is greatly reduced but so far no blocks have exploded for me.

*edit2*
    Well, for merging this helps, if you really really carefully align the merge blocks so they lock instantly when turned on. for unmerging, not so much :(

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  15. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Large blocks turned to cardboard confirmed. Small grids seem to be less affected. I tried crashing small test ships(5 light armor blocks+thrusters+reactor+gyro+cockpit) on stations and asteroids. Ship speed was ~30m/s at the point of impact. Crashing with asteroids didn't damage the ship at all if dampeners were on. Turning dampeners off caused te ship to suffer some damage at the same speed, got a nice scar on the asteroid surface, too. Crashing with stations didn't have any effect whatsoever, the ship just bounces off like it's made of rubber.

16. SatanicKill Trainee Engineer

I haven't played in almost a year, bad time to come back.. I wrecked my little mining ship right out of the gate; bumped a rock on a thruster at maybe .5m/s and the ship exploded, killed me, and gutted itself.. I brought my salvager ship over to harvest the remains and apparently it was made of glass too, in exploded for inexplicable reasons and is now a floating gutted wreck. The desperately needed ore load as well as most of my construction materials are now floating away in space. I was going to shred both their remains with my fighter but upon undocking, the connector magnetism caused a bounced and light bump. You guessed it; Boom!!! Now my mothership is trashed too.

The sad part is.. the miner ship was the 5th one I've built this weekend. I've tried various designs to try and avoid spontaneous destruction but most of them don't survive their first mining run. It took more time to build them than they ever survived mining! The welder ship was the third I built, it's nuked itself a few times when bounding boxes change during construction, and once on docking.

I'm sick of rebuilding.
    I work ~12 hour days and have done so for the last 13 days straight, 13-on 1-off. Labor day weekend was the first time I've had more than 1 day off in a row for over six months. I spent it playing Space Engineers and, after losing all the progress I made on a difficult survival server, I feel like I've utterly wasted my time off.

I'm done.

17. LetTheWookieeWin Apprentice Engineer

I would have thought someone from Keen would have acknowledged this problem by now? I noticed other bug reports being responded to today.

I’m not even talking about a fix at this time, just an acknowledgement that they are aware of the problem…

• Like Like x 1
  18. Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

Is what i'm thinking too, keen made no declaration on this issue, many are reporting problems and they did not even position themselves, it is really disappointing that, I know, the game is in alpha and bug's happen all the time, this is completely normal, but the lack of a position of keen about this bug is really a lack of consideration with us.

19. Arturius1967 Trainee Engineer

Do you really still hope they care about the community not able playing for another week ?
    Thy didn't in the past, why should they now ?

I loved this game, when I bought it last year. It was a bit laggy with big structures, but it was fun and playable.

Then, I stopped to play survival since 01.064, because they broke so many things, and since then, there were even worse updates, breaking even more things.
    For the last weeks, I was playing creative only.
    But, since the inventory mass update, I completly stopped to play this game (after more then 700 hours).
    In my eyes this game is completly broken already and I really doubt Keen is ever able to fix all these bugs.

If you are honest, the best days of this game are gone, they earned at least 20 Mio Euro for SE, invested partially in dubious AI project and started another EA game for another money milking.
    There is a reason, why this game is getting more and more negative reviews on Steam. Same for ME.

They never really finished any game in a well playable state, look at the reviews for "Miner wars".

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223430/

Now you are scared ?, well you have the reason ...

I don't care anymore.

I'm out.

20. ZinuxGamer Trainee Engineer

Me too ... its due to a 'hot fix' made just before the developers disapeared for the weekend that results in breakage that makes the game completely unplayable (why not just hold off till the next update window this week???) ... and to add to the insult theres not even an acknowledgement today here or on the changelog theard. Paid my early access and had some fun with the game but time to move on....

21. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Oh look, someone with the green Dev name is online. Any comments on the above, @LtTwinkie ?

22. LetTheWookieeWin Apprentice Engineer

I didn't think they would worry about the community not playing for another week. I figured no point getting my hopes up...I would like it fixed for next patch, which is why I wanted to see......something from Keen.

I get your frustration. I totally get it. It's why I don't buy EA games anymore.

Let's hope no more talk of adding shit to this game. Get planets and MP working, fix some more bugs and call it a day before this game runs out of steam.

23. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  24. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I will check that out. Thank you for report.

• Like Like x 1
  25. LetTheWookieeWin Apprentice Engineer

Thank you Phand!

26. Diegor34 Apprentice Engineer

So, can we expect any news on the problem, perhaps some correction?

27. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

No - they broke it - your ships blocks explode with as little as .1 m/s...

28. Soulthule Apprentice Engineer

I have seen the same issue on my ds - rapidly pulsing sim speeds... I think the process for the fixes is more a trail by error.. err..umm expense of players..

29. bronxae Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm that turning off block damage can act as a temp fix until they get this resolved, I would like to point out that disabling block damage has also (for me at least) fixed the well known yet annoying issue with landing gears..... In other words, my ships no longer freak out when docked to each other or stations, If keen is poking around their collision code to solve the "glass ship" issue I suggest they consider adding an argument for dock ships to ignore collisions with what ever they are docked to. Probably need more people to confirm collision is the issue with that though.

30. mikeloeven Senior Engineer

How about just ignore collision damage unless ship is traveling faster than 10 m/s this is perfectly reasonable and prevents loss of tools and catastrophic damage from docking maneuvers. this would also fix the merge block detonations on undock as well

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.