Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

{01_168_006 64bit) (Stable) Computer Restarts During Load of SE world (Resolved)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wetwire, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Wetwire Trainee Engineer

The issue started/ Noticed for the first time on Jan 6 2017
    The game will load to the initial startup selection screen without issue.
    I can move between options and menus without issue.
    Trying to load a saved game or create a new creative game the loading screen with the spinning gears appears. a few moments later the gears will freeze and stop spinning. The rest of the PC appears to still respond to commands without issue as i can tab out and manipulate windows and the start menu. About 10 seconds of SE being frozen the computer will force restart without prompt or BSOD.

Windows Applications Event view logs do not report any issues at the time the computer powers down.
    Only the Even Viewer System reports the Critical Kernal-power Event 41 during the proper time the system restarted. "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I'm at a loss on what could be causing this as prior to Jan 6, SE was working fine as myself and a friend where playing together and I could play in creative mode without any issues.

Thanks in advance

Links to the SE log reports
    SpaceEngineers.log
    VRageRenger-DirectX11

I have tried the following.
    1. Update Nvidia Graphics drivers using Gforce experience.
    2. Uninstalled SE from steam and reinstalled
    3. Renamed the AppData/Roaming/SpaceEngineers directory to force a fresh build of config and save data directory.
    4. Started a new game without mods, loaded an old save without mods.
    5. Forced SE to run in windowed mode.
    6. Ran CPUID HWMonitor during SE loading period. Voltage never dropped below +12.0V or +5.0V
    Core Temp never reached over 60*c and Geforce video card temp never reached over 40*c
    7. Tried running Prime95 to push the system but it never restarted or showed any errors.
    8. Tried running other games GTA5 and Elite Dangerous, which had no issues loading/running.

System Specs:
    Running Duel Monitors
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160930-0600)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: EX58-UD3R
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 12286MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 12286MB RAM
    Page File: 3590MB used, 20980MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    D:woot:iag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 980
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3072 MB
    Shared Memory: 1023 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Driver File Version: 21.21.0013.7633 (English)
    Driver Version: 21.21.13.7633
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 12/11/2016 20:37:18, 17436808 bytes
    D3D9 Overlay: Supported
    DXVA-HD: Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    --- Automerge ---
    Forgot to include in things i have tried.
    Tried updating SE to the Public Dev Branch, Still had the same restart issue during world load.
    --- Automerge ---
    Issue Resolved
    1st issue, I don't know how to correctly hook up a video card to a power supply. the PCI-E cable works wonders once you understand what its for. Was using the adapter cables for power that come with the Video card and connect to the power cables normally used for fan's and cooling.
    2nd swapped out the power supply with another 600w PSU and able to run Furmark and SE without crashing or PC restart.

Suggestion to others who see unexpected restarts or PC Shutdown issues trying to run a video game.
    Furmark will put your video card and power supply through the ringer. if you get sudden shut downs with Furmark suddenly after running the burn, its tripping the power supply unit, like a blown fuse. Swap out PSU or check cabling and use the PCI-E cable to your video card when applicable.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.