Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[01_172_018 Stable][DS] Station going crazy \ moving when it shouldn't

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gnarles, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

Not sure if this is one or two bugs. We have <stationvoxelsupport>false</stationvoxelsupport> on our dedicated server and, despite being converted to a station our large grid keeps moving. I've used space master to stop it several times and we have even resorted to putting ion thrusters and a gyro on it but several times over the weekend I have logged in to find it moving and had to use space master to stop it. Inertial Dampners are on so I'm not sure what it's doing.

Tonight I logged in and the station had decided it wanted to have a little dance, below is a link to a clip showing what it was doing. I tried to respawn on the station and instantly died so ended up spawning on the planet and teleporting to the station. I couldn't get it to stop using space master I had to restart the server twice to get it to stop and then when I logged in the station was moving again.

This may also be the same behavior as this bug http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/large-ship-randomly-moves-on-its-own-01_172_018.7392645/

2. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

desync, lack of gyro and thrusters on the station, and connected to something else...

3. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

I've already said there are thrusters and a gyro on the station. I shouldn't have to have them though, with station voxel support off a station should not move, ever. Doesn't matter if something is connected to it.

I'd concede to desync but logging off and back on didn't fix it at all. I'm also on the same network as the server so lag is not an issue.

In any case there is no way you can look at the video and say that's expected behavior.

4. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

then its another wonderful bug....

5. Roxette Senior Engineer

I've seen plenty of evidence recently to suggest that the station voxel support setting is not always honoured, though I've not established any specific circumstances that trigger it. It seems to most often occur when multiple structures are attached via connectors.

I've found the most reliable way to fix it (as admin) was to delete/cut the offending structure from existence and then paste it back in again, although that can be made difficult now if the very broken feature of block limits is enabled.

6. JimTheSoundman Trainee Engineer

It happens with my server when something is latched on via a connector. When I disconnect the connector, it instantly stops. Solution is to never have anything stay on connectors longer than absolutely necessary.

7. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

Also noticed that when this happens the CPU usage spikes to near 100%. Probably because of the physics calculations being done on the station when it is moving so erratically.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.