Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.059.?] [Dedicated Server-Survival, x64] All player IDs have changed - can't spawn at med bays, lo

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by demolish50, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DS_Marine Apprentice Engineer

Hey vangrunz,
    I have updated my player tool with something that might aid you.
    Usage:
    1.Open the program (find it one or two pages back). Drag and old sandbox.sbc from your backup and wait for the program to get all ids.
    2.Double click the list, it will write Identities.txt and AllPlayerData.txt.
    3.Copy the old save to a location for use with and updated copy of SE. Run the server, and close it properly after it started (so it will convert the save).
    4.Then open the updated sandbox.sbc, and replate all data inside identities tag and allplayerdata tags with the data in the text files.
    5.have massive amounts of luck
    6...profit?

I have not tested this because I manually fixed my server before finishing this tool, so I give no guarantee that this will work.
    /Edit Minimum sanity checks were performed, i.e. generated file looks the same than server-generated players (minus the toolbar and custom colors) and the server will accept a player w/o that)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  2. vangrunz Apprentice Engineer

Obviously, there's a lack of abilitiy to differentiate between "it's not a job of an admin or player to read XML file" and "I don't want [or can't] read XML files". I fixed a lot of things, not only in SE. My thought is about all the other players which are not aware of how to fix this. They could lose all interests in playing SE.

Thanks DS_Marine for your tool, but a) it's untested and b) tomorrow it's thursday -> Patchday. :) I'll wait and see what's coming around.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  3. foamingjetty Trainee Engineer

This is the point, and well-said. Some on the forum are suggesting that if you believe this level of micromanagement shouldn't be expected forever then you are somehow an amateur. We are commenting about the big picture, where the majority of gamers just want want to play ... games.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.