Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.076] Small Ship Air Vent no longer working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SEModder4, Apr 3, 2015.

?

Should Keen Re-add the Small Ship Oxygen Systems

Poll closed May 12, 2015.
  1. YES, it should be Re-implemented back into the game for Small Ships

81 vote(s)
    94.2%
  2. no, it should not be available for small ships.--don't choose this one!!!

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Yeah I'll just visit my small ship cockpit hundreds of times, and might choke to death a couple extra thousand times.

But that's OK I will just re-spawn then choke to death getting back to my small ship I am working on.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. MajorTom Apprentice Engineer

Considering today is Patch Day, we should probably see what comes out of it first. Oxygen was said to be something that'd be rolled out over several weeks, so we might see a properly-coded small-ship oxygen update this week if we're lucky.

3. Rico Junior Engineer

Read page 1 dude o_O

I still dont understand what is going on here, why u create a bugreport in the vanillasection ??
    Its a Mod right ??

Phand allready said, its not supported and i can understand it :p
    Smallships arent designed for it and i dont believe that ~60k ppls **** you on because they cant breath in the smallships.

Simple say them: "If you want to breath, build a largeship like anyone else. Or get a damn bottle"

Problem solved ^^

EDT: just for clarification that its not meant offense -> :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  4. MajorTom Apprentice Engineer

Except that any mod blocks are created from the API provided by the developers, so Modders can only create what the developers let them. And it's not about what it was designed for, it's what people have done with it on their own initiative. There's a reason the Small Ship Mega Mod is so popular (in fact it's probably up there as one of the most-subscribed mods), and it's because it lets people create small ships that can have functional interiors with fine detail. Anything created with Large Blocks gets real big real fast, so it's impossible to create anything smaller than a transport ship when all you want is a shuttlecraft.

I certainly couldn't do things like make a shuttle bay with only large blocks on the sub-craft, not without it taking up a lot more space. People like making things like Star Trek Shuttles.

[​IMG]

5. Rico Junior Engineer

I understand youre point of view, and there are some great ships in the workshop, but what speaks against O²Bottles for the Passengers ?
    With the Oxy Update its recommended to have allways one in inventory ^^
    How long you want to fly with a shuttlecraft to need a full working O² System ?

I cant understand why its going to go more and more dramatic in this tread dude.
    The Poll just say everything with "--don't choose this one!!!"
    And words like "no dev reply here" (read page 1) do the rest.

I cant see where this is a bug, a suggest yeah, but not a bug and it was sayed that O² for small ships is not supported, so why the stress ?
    You want an advice ? Open a Tread here and the ~60k ppls can vote if they really need it :)

6. RC8609 Trainee Engineer

@Rico the tread is under bug report because SEBuilder4 originally thought it was a bug. It was only after Phand replied stating that it wasn't and that the feature was removed from the game that it became more appropriate for the thread to be under suggestions, but who wants to open up a whole new thread? To use your own words read page 1. No offense but think before you post.

7. Rico Junior Engineer

Yeah, a Bugreport with Poll ? :D
    And why open a new tread ? -> Just ask a mod if he can bring this tread to suggestions. Simple with thinking ^^

8. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

@MajorTom

I think the Small Ship Mega Mod Pack is the greatest mod I have ever uploaded and or started, its a great community and a ton of help from you all and friends( the contriubtors and stuff) that has made it what it is today. :D

That Hangar hold looks awesome btw :D

9. Conradian Moderator

You are forgetting, as Keen did, that passenger seats are available for use on small ships. Without interior air as an option for small ships, all passengers will suffocate.

Small ships NEED the ability to support air now that the last patch made oxygen a vital part of survival.

10. DeputyLOL Trainee Engineer

Well, guess today is decision day. I'm mashing that F5 button as hard as I can.

I got my fingers crossed for Keen putting it back in. But seriously Keen, people build small ship interiors because they want to make a detailed ship, which is impossible to do in large blocks. If you have plans for changes to the grid system, i.e. adding new sizes like a medium for small ships gone large then that's great! But please allow us to work with what we had cause it can't be done in current SE.

Anyway its up to them now, they gonna do what they think is best. (I hope)

I have to say that I suspect a lot of people will be very angry if Keen doesn't reinstate this feature OR at least give us a proper reason for its removal in the first place (Something more than 'It is not needed').
    If you decide not to reinstate this feature then that's fine... but people are going to expect a VERY GOOD REASON for why.

11. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

This is what I can build with the Small Ship Mega Mod Pack as well as other mod packs.

But to show Keen that we build Small Ships gone Large, or in my case Small APC's Gone Large :D

[​IMG]

12. plaYer2k Master Engineer

That image doesnt load for me.

13. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Still doesn't load for you?

14. Rico Junior Engineer

For ppls who are only build small ships and ignore big blocks i can understand that its hard without a working o² system.
    I understand its for shuttles, but realy, on our survival world we build also shuttles with seats and it was ever been enough to simple use oxy bottles also for long flights o.O

So help me, do i understand something wrong ? Is the O² system needed to build Small large ships, or build shuttles who flys for =>1hour ? Im confused :D

15. plaYer2k Master Engineer

Works now. Thanks.
    But the image itself is extremely dark and makes it impossible to see details without image editing.

Small ship blocks are by design way more efficient. So when you want efficient systems, you have to use small blocks.
    Two examples:
    - Small block thrusters have about 15x as much thrust per volume but consume only ~7.5x as much energy. Thus they provide 2x more thrust per watt than large block thruster.
    - Small block batteries store 2.5x as much power and offer 2.5x as much charge per volume compared to large blocks.
    Thus under performancee and economical considerations, you have to use small blocks.

Another point of course is that there is no "realistic explanation" for it other than "nah we dont want it to enforce people using this size for that and that size for this".

16. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

I will make a better one that's in more light :D

Well I guess we will never get our feature back, that's a TERRIBLE SHAME.

Since it's pretty clear they don't seem to care about re-adding that feature one bit.

17. plaYer2k Master Engineer

18. Rico Junior Engineer

@plaYer2k Ok, Small seems to be be more efficient now, but it doesnt show me the way why oxy is needed for small ships :) ^^
    @SEBuilder4 Just have patience, a cobold in my head says, that i read somewhere "enable small block on large blocks yes/no (in worldfile)"..
    and pls dont remove the topic, just bring them to suggestions, then it seems to be important if u need API in future ^^

19. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

How do I move the topic to the suggestions section, is that something I can do?

20. plaYer2k Master Engineer

While you dont see why it should be there, almost everyone else doesnt see why not.

There really is no reason to limit people in a sandbox game.

Some people dont even fight and thus they dont see the need for weapons too, yet we have them.

Afaik you cant. I at least never found such an option.
    You can however report your own thread and request a mod to move it around. Or PM a mod that is currently online. Though for a good running and well organized forum it is best to use the report function as that gets added to a pool of actions the mods can handle independently then..

21. Rico Junior Engineer

@plaYer2k Do we not speak about survival mode ? ..
    ( I differentiate between survival and sandbox/creative ;) )
    .. and ppls dies in shuttles because no oxy ? Thats why i call about oxy bottles ^^

@SEBuilder4 I agree with 2K, just PM a mod or Admin for moving the tread and dont give it up for a new API option.
    After all this time SE is here, i can say u, like anyone else who is here for a while, the guys from Keen read everything :)

22. Eikester Apprentice Engineer

how do you know? One word: MWMBuilder
    An official! Tool thats broken for Months with the Thread pushed every week to the frontpage, if they would read it the Guy who works on the Builder would fix it (at least i believe so), and there IS someone working on it because it gets new features now and then but yet no fixes for 3 Months!

23. Harrekin Master Engineer

I wouldn't use small blocks to build big ships, but if the API functionality was there (and was removed for no reason) I'd support it being re-implimented for the people who do.

24. plaYer2k Master Engineer

So do i, though i differ between survival mode and creative mode. That has nothing to do with space engineers being a sandbox game though. A sandbox game can have a creative mode without the need to gather the required resources youself and a survival mode where you have to gather resources in order to achieve you goals. Resources being materials, oxygen, power etc.
    You can argue the same for large ships. Have bottles.

But explain to us why a large ship wall made of iron should be different to a small ship wall made of iron?
    Why should a small ships block not be able to do the same like a large ships block when it has the same surface or even volumina and does the exact same in terms of functionality?

That said, there really is no realistic reason for features to work only on one of the grid sizes and not on the other.

25. Rico Junior Engineer

@Eikester maybe Modding is atm on place 2 on an alpha game ? ^^
    For my cases i dont use the mwm builder, i use other tools for example the converter (for 3D models AutoCAD Inventor)

At other side, as a ape i know everything if u give me banana ! :D

EDT: To slow wth :woot:..
    No i cant, at large ships it works like provided :)
    We should be carefull, we talk in circles ^^

26. ZheK Trainee Engineer

Still nothing, Keen?

27. Error_404 Trainee Engineer

Could this possibly have something to do with the new decompression effect?

28. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Nah I doubt it.

I guess for future features for the Small Ship Mega Mod Pack I will wait awhile before releasing them so I don't WASTE all those days of my life to make it work only for it to be thrown all out because keen thinks it's not important.

So how are people supposed to survive in passenger seats inside small ships?!

I guess those should be removed from small ships as well since they do not provide oxygen and cannot be used on small ships without the ship having oxygen flowing through it so you don't die!!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  29. kittle Senior Engineer

Good point on the passenger seats.

I suppose that should be another bug report -- passenger seats do not supply oxygen? (or maybe they do.. I havent tested it)

30. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Nah they don't supply oxygen.

I could go on forever about Keen's useless quote" We Never Break Mods"

That rule should be removed and instead be: "We Break Mods"

Not gonna say any further, although I am pissed as ever, but I cannot risk getting banned.

[​IMG]

There we go, much better now.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.