Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.076] Small Ship Air Vent no longer working

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SEModder4, Apr 3, 2015.

?

Should Keen Re-add the Small Ship Oxygen Systems

Poll closed May 12, 2015.
  1. YES, it should be Re-implemented back into the game for Small Ships

81 vote(s)
    94.2%
  2. no, it should not be available for small ships.--don't choose this one!!!

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Zyox Trainee Engineer

I wanted to try using a drone as a portable pressurizer. T_T

I'm not sure of how it detects whether an area is sealed though, so it may still be possible with a large drone, if I make bigger doors, expand their framing, and the halls leading to them, and... ... ... New survival world it is!

2. danibw0i Apprentice Engineer

No offense to the ppl here but ppl seem to keep forgetting it's a game still under development. Keen doesn't make the game around ur mods, you make the mods around the game. Modders adapt to the game, not the other way around. Survival is survival!

That being said, SEBuilder and Eikester's mods are much appreciated :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. vacage Trainee Engineer

@Rico:
    i am not sure if you understand us correctly.

We are not suggesting that it need to implement this feathure to the main vanilla game features.

We are respecting vanilla game rules.
    We are respecting that we cant use this modded ships in vanilla game servers
    We are respecting that we cant register this modded ships in to official submissions. (not sure if any official submissions exist :(

But we need some kind of freedom in modding community. Thats what mods are about.

Or you saw already that some creative game of big fame had restrictions i modding?

For example: did you see that developers of famous Minecraft are used some code restrictions for modding?

NO

And they had no reason for do it. Why?
    Because its breaking of growing community around game, it is like fighting againist fans.
    And also they dont need to because in vanilla servers is ruling original game system. And other servers with mods is nothing against original game. Modding supports growing fans base, and original game are benefit from it. More peoples are satisfied, and it bring positive feedback. More are comming in to game, and more are buing, and that's what's going on.

But here it seem like something is wrong and/or they have some kind of interest in having not so free community, but now we dont know why. Comunity is important, specially with some kind of game like space engineers. Just go and look how many mods and other works are on steam worshop, still can not see the potential of it?

it is also true, that the mod we are talking about have nearly sixty tousand subscribers, and that all are clients of keen as well.

we are talking about MODs culture, not about change original vanilla game rules.

we are respecting vanilla game rules.

edited slightly

Finally, i must say that i like the space engineers, but i also have great respect for modders who make great additions and features in their spare time for free

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rico Junior Engineer

@vacage
    For me this point is clarified ( . ) and i dont want arguing in circles. ty^^

5. Phand Master Engineer

I will pass the word ON guys.

6. MajorTom Apprentice Engineer

You're awesome, Phand!

7. Phand Master Engineer

Just testing vent on small ship. It WILL BE re-enabled again. :)

• Like Like x 10
  8. MajorTom Apprentice Engineer

If you're passing stuff on, would you be kind enough to ask them to look into gravity and small blocks? As-is, if you stand on a small-block surface while it moves in gravity, the game won't treat it like you're standing on it and you remain still.

9. plaYer2k Master Engineer

awww thanks!

Here take one of these as thanks C:

[​IMG]

10. Phand Master Engineer

Lovely I will let guys know. :)

11. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Thank you so much x-Infinite Phand :D

Means a lot :D

12. Conradian Moderator

Thank you Phand, glad to see you guys are still, as ever, listening to the community (Even if some of them were getting a little hot under the collar about this issue).

13. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Small Ship Mega Mod Pack is back in business!! :D :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

@Phand,

Is there a way to remove the poll since it has been confirmed that the support for that feature of modding is coming back? :D

Also thank you so very much for bringing back the modding support for small ship oxygen systems! :D

15. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

ok the room gets pressurized but the Oxygen Status in the bottom right window still says no oxygen.

But all the lights are green and the room is pressurized but the status of the oxygen isn't updating.

Which results in my astronaut dieing from it.

There is also a giant flame or flash of light if you remove any block when the room is 100% pressurized that lags the game badly.

Anyone know how to fix that possibly?

16. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

it is still not working properly........ sigh............

17. DeputyLOL Trainee Engineer

YEAH!!!!! Oxygen is coming back! BTW SEBuilder, that bug was there before oxygen was removed.

18. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Nah it was working 100% before it was removed, because I wouldn't upload it onto the SSMP if I could not get it to function.

I guess now we have to wait a week for it to be properly fixed.

19. aerosabe Apprentice Engineer

I voted yes only for modding capability, not that I think it should be in vanilla game, without other major changes or extensive testing on performance impact, at least.

20. Aeries Trainee Engineer

I'm very happy to see this becoming a thing again - finally my ST-Enterprise shuttlepod will work again! :D Yippee!!

21. ZheK Trainee Engineer

Eventually.

22. Phand Master Engineer

No worries, colleague of mine reported it. I am not sure if we support it, but if yes (programmer has to tell me) it will be fixed.

23. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Sweet.

Thank you so much Phand :)

24. Steso83 Trainee Engineer

IF we support it?! o.O U started it :p

Then give me the codes, then ill implement oxygen to small ships and working !

25. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

@Phand,

It is STILL NOT WORKING properly, it is still saying "No Oxygen" under the Oxygen Status for the Astronaut. :(

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  26. NumberXIII Trainee Engineer

Dahm i was about to start on a new ship maybe Thursday it will come bk.... I hope

27. SEModder4 Junior Engineer

Still no longer working, I guess this topic should be removed.

It's pretty clear that support for this feature is never coming back again.

• Like Like x 2
  28. ZheK Trainee Engineer

Still waiting, Keen.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Belaniell Trainee Engineer

Really sad ..... also still waiting...... Instead, they add magical oxygen farms and making ice mining usless ... thank you keen for making a casual game....

30. Error_404 Trainee Engineer

@Phand
    Is there any update in regards to this?

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.