Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.084] Lighting, HDR, Cockpit and more

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by LeonserGT, May 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. LeonserGT Apprentice Engineer

Can't figure out, which way of bug reports you prefer most - forum or e-mail?
    ---------------------
    GPU: GTX 650
    So, I guess you know already, what your HDR is completely not adjusted?
    Picture 1 and 2: back hangar (sun lights to front of ship), while opened shadows dissapeared completely, while closed - pitch black and torchlight is now working at close distances (ship is mod-free)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pics 3-6 - more torchlight bug
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And what the hell did you do to first vanilla cockpit? You didn't change player model or cockpit model, how could this happened?
    [​IMG]
    Did you know what you are, emm, mixed up "fallof" setting in lights options on DX11? Lol. Btw, check it out, how interior lights
    easily shine through exterior hull - that yellow circles.
    [​IMG]
    One more thing: spotlights. I guess now its really good thing - not as laggy as before, but still... what the hell with settings? Spotlight now got an ordinary light "ability" and "radius" and "falloff" options are affect only this secondary effect. That powerful beam of light is not affected, but spotlight has an another spherical source of light, which easily can penetrate anything and your car's headlights are shine in your eyes! To avoid it I need to make radius 1, then it become normal and good spotlight.
    [​IMG]
    Well, almost: those non-colourable sprite effects are ugly: [​IMG]
    And last one: do you know, that you forget to add shooting effect for SMG? I know, there is shouldn't be such thing in space, but gatlings have this effect already
    ---------------------------------
    I can state that update is done in a big hurry - do you realize, that your weekly updates are slowing you now? It was good at the beginning, kind of guarantee for new buyers, but now it's an obstacle for you, IMO. May be it's time to make tough decisions and make updates every two weeks or may be every month? But full of good content and fixes.
    P.S. THANK YOU for 9 toolbars! Most useful thing! Why didn't you mention it in update log?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Camulorix Trainee Engineer

Set radius to 10, falloff to 1 and intensity to 0.5 :)

I noticed a bug regarding the lights on the space suite. I can't see any light in 1st person but in 3rd person it is visible.
    Map was Easy Start 2, no mods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I noticed a bug regarding the lights on the space suite. I can't see any light in 1st person but in 3rd person it is visible.
    Map was Easy Start 2, no mods.

3. Thomas_Jefferson Apprentice Engineer

The space suit thing seems to be from anti-aliasing settings. Leaving it off, or set to FXAA seems to be okay, but it goes to hell as soon as you turn on MSAA.

4. Camulorix Trainee Engineer

Yes, using FXAA or no AA renders the light correctly.
    But like they said, it's an early stage and apart from this issue I really like the new renderer ;)

5. Thunderbolt Trainee Engineer

The broken HDR is also an issue in Medieval Engineers, HDR is supposed to simulate eyes adapting to darkness but right now it makes the image even darker, it should be the other way around.

6. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I created ticket for this, hope it will be fixed soon. Thank you for report.

PS: I prefer forum over an e-mail. ;)

7. LeonserGT Apprentice Engineer

I know that it is possible to make lighting normal by changing settings, but it should be fixed, so after fix we will need to change settings again :)
    So, I prefer to wait till next thursday
    Heh, that's it, just as I saw these "stairs" on every straight line, I turned on MXAA - that's the reason, thanks
    Sweet. But how spotlights suppose to change in future updates? I mean, now it can't be set to be not bright, so it can't be used as rear red stoplights on cars, because it TOO bright - 9th pic, red glowing at back - red stoplights of truck, turned to minimum settings. When you'll finally add to vanilla interior lights for smallships? =/ (and glasses)
    Okay, I just hope all my e-mail reports were not useless :D

8. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

They wouldn't have been useless, but my guess is that when they are posted on the forum, it lets other players duplicate the issue and possibly provide more information to help Keen track down and fix the issues faster. It also reduces the amount of duplicate reports. :)

9. LeonserGT Apprentice Engineer

Btw, just found that nice gif, that show HDR madness:
    [​IMG]
    And some more bugs from another players of our community (I'm not sure if they're reported them):
    - For remodelled blocks construction stages are still old;
    - Some of bigship blocks can't be coloured in DX11;
    - Some issue with asteroid textures, need more info (soon)*
    - Some issue with infinite oxygen in cockpit, need more info (soon)*
    - Round armor now not as round, as it was:
    [​IMG]
    (*) - will be updated as soon as I'll get more details from players, who found it

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.