Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.098 Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Sergeant Snuggles, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

I have grown quite fond of reading these and seeing what the community (or those who bother to post anyway) has to say on what features and fixes they are looking to see as well as hoping to receive :)

So in the usual wonderful fashion I will kick off!

Want: More auto pilot options
    Need: More optimization (not too much mind given the imminent code changes)
    Get: Promised bugfixes (and hopefully an update over the progress of the bigger features)

Not looking for an eta on planets or netcode etc. just would be nice to know things are progressing smoothly for the devs :)

Feel free to weigh in my Engineering Compadres!

2. BoobyTrapGaming Apprentice Engineer

oh, for the love of god... is this necessary in a BUGFIXING period?

this speculation thread is apparently just obligatory.

3. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Yes funnily enough it is, it's really just a bit of fun but given that the devs have a sense of humour and sometimes pull out updates everyone wants without telling us it could be interesting to see if anyone speculates something wonderful and it actually happens. Maybe should cut back on that negative coffee you've drank this morning :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Want: Planets
    Need: Planets
    Get: Sabiroid Texture?

:woot:

5. JD.Horx Senior Engineer

My FPS dropped to about 20 in the last weeks, even with only few medium sized ships in my world.
    I will be completely happy with a FPS boost.

6. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Oh you too? I only recently (showing my idiocy) was told how to do the Shift+F11 for all the info to come up and I noticed my game was stuck hovering around 20FPS and would drop to around 10 when bigger ships were in close proximity. UPS is a solid 1 with the occasional dip to 0.8 when getting near said ships but I thought it was just my machine being naff!

7. chrisb Senior Engineer

Planets.

Probably get a sore finger, but that's another story. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. jhnwgacy Trainee Engineer

Want: planets, thruster torque, limited fuel-oxidant mix instead of electricity, fuel tanks.
    Flying should be expensive enough to make playes use wheeled transport.
    Aerodynamics, an yeah, tracked vehicles.
    And whole universe built with respect to relativity theory:mad:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Oh, a nice FPS boost would be quite neighbourly indeed, some areas are dipping well below 10 frames :(

10. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

I wonder what Keen has in store for us. I keep having this feeling that we wont get the things we want today, planets or netcode but that we will probably get something so outlandishly cool we wont care....well the reasonable of us wont care anyway =P

11. Harrekin Master Engineer

Netcode FTW.

Please let it be ready...

12. Lyrus Apprentice Engineer

Want : planets
    Need : smoohter movement while walking inside a ship
    Get : bugfixes

13. BlackUmbrellas Senior Engineer

Unlikely; we're in a feature freeze, remember?

14. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Yes I remember, I also remember quite plainly stating the Devs have a habit of releasing whatever the hell they want whenever they want so unless you know something I dont I will enjoy this fun little foray into speculation. Hell even Harrekin joined in positively and they have a bit of a reputation growing for negativity....

@Harrekin no offence intended of course :) I welcome most if not all comments. Oh and indeed Netcode FTW, still dont play with friends due to certain issues with it :(

15. Harrekin Master Engineer

No offense taken dude.

Every Thurs the Netcode Hype takes over my body...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Do you feel it deep down inside you? If so that could be something else.....

But yeah its been rails for me funnily enough until I heard of Planets becoming a thing, then my hype engines went into overdrive and my eyes just kinda glazed over. Now I am a zombie space engineer....

• Like Like x 1
  17. Commander Rotal Master Engineer

Eh. I imagine it's probably going to be a short list of bugs i've never heard about but every dead bug is important. Now i wish they'd just, y'know, make sure their fixes work; despite being "fixed" in that regard my LCD screens still display the offline-thing. It's not really a problem i find worth carrying signs on the streets over but i'm starting to make more and more use of them to get around my own ship because i keep losing track of where i am.

18. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Given you create Trekkie ships to a silly size this doesnt surprise me....you and your NCC's, you're a damn menace!.....My LCD's only show the red X or green arrow and are locked on 1 or the other so I dont get the offline issue im afraid, otherwise I would share in your pain as I can never remember which blast door is which without them.

19. Aracus Senior Engineer

Lets go with a longshot: A fix for rotors and pistons breaking randomly on a completely stationary old station when they are not even in use.

I still dont understand what happened between when I left for mining and the pistoned connectors(litteraly just a connector on a piston, on a STATION) were intact and I came back and half the piston had imploded but half remained???

I hear that! there has been like 1/50 of fixed bugs that I've even heard about/seen in the last months..scratch that, since I started playing.

20. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

Seconded on the pistons....I had the exact same thing happen to me, I went as far as to power the damn things off in the retracted position....come back from a mining expedition 2km away and low and behold.....connector floats past my ship a I pull in to dock....you know its the sheer cheek of those damn parts as they just float past, almost giving you the middle finger as they start their journey off into the void.

21. mrax Apprentice Engineer

What we get today:
    -changelog update 01.098: changed version number from 01.097 to 01.098.
    Not more.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

I go one better and say they simply change the modified date on the last change log and claim it as new....

• Like Like x 1
  23. crazyrobban Apprentice Engineer

Need: New netcode would be nice. Having people glitch through (or get stuck) the inside walls of my ship while riding along in any speed above 5m/s is getting old. :)
    A brand new Want: I love the fact that we have the jump drive. But the visual and audial effects when using it is in dire need of some love.
    Get: A butt-load of bugs I've never experienced fixed.

24. Sarekh Senior Engineer

Want: Netcode rework, compblocks, planets
    Need: moar love for merge blocks problems, a rework of the faction system
    Get: glorious bug fixes, planets (not because they will be coming today but because it's my personal faith and I need to pray for it every Thursday)

25. Sergeant Snuggles Junior Engineer

I die a little inside every thursday that goes by without the planet update.....whats left of me now....an empty shell of a man clutching his welder in one hand and....actually I'm not going to finish this sentence....

• Like Like x 1
  26. grant.ivy Apprentice Engineer

I think we will get bugifxes, with some rebalancing, I would love if they shared more information about planets

27. Kephyr Apprentice Engineer

I'm half expecting either planets or the netcode to come out on update 1.1 :) Until then it will probably be bug fixing and balancing.

28. Scorpion00021 Senior Engineer

Want: Planets, Netcode
    Need: Space Beer
    Get: Hopefully a fix for the invincible process :p

29. FlakMagnet Senior Engineer

Want: fixed thrusters that make sense, wheeled vehicles that actually work, maybe planets....

get: a couple of updated tutorials and some colour back on the refinery units.....

30. Harrekin Master Engineer

Re: Pistons and rotors

Just don't use them until they're fixed...it's bizarre that everyone knows they malfunction and have for a LONG time but still use them and then complain when they explode...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.