Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.107, Dx11][FIXED] Why can I see the polygon edges? (tessellation problem on ALL RADEON R7-R9?)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by francogp, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. henkbein Apprentice Engineer

Different games address Dx11 in different ways.
    Your other games may have been just lucky.

Fact remains: so far only AMD users report.
    Nvidea (my own card is years old) seems just fine.

There's always a possibility that SE fucked up, but my bets are on AMD for now.

2. francogp Apprentice Engineer

The problem appear since certain specific patch. No driver upgrade involved. So, they changed something and this issue appears.

3. henkbein Apprentice Engineer

So far that patch is supported by all, except certain AMD drivers.
    Not claiming Keen is innocent, but AMD-only-problem still stands.

So AMD driver bug may still exist.

Understand your frustation. But solving the problem may involve AMD action.

4. francogp Apprentice Engineer

problem continue on 1.102

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  5. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

Bug started after one update, with no changes in graphic card, driver or software. Before update - OK, after - BAD; so it was caused by some patch changes. I know it might not be Keen's problem after all (patch could've just discovered the problem), but any word from devs about it would be nice. You know, anything. Even if it's not SE bug, it still damages the game (and KEES SWH) and many people who bought the game.

6. Xordus Trainee Engineer

I'm having the same problem. I'm increasingly disappointed week to week as this goes unfixed.

The update that caused this problem was almost two months ago.

R9 270.

7. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

Would be nice to know how many people WITH R9 graphic cards DO NOT suffer by problem.

8. Castle Builder Trainee Engineer

Same problem.
    AMD again

9. Sir Prize Trainee Engineer

2 days later this bug will be present for 2 months, game was last playable for me 2 months ago in build 01.094. I have a terrible card which is r7 240 and i was playing it on lowest settings with 25-40fps but when those lines/grids appeared all over the asteroids it was just unplayable because it destroys fps and my EYES. I have less than 5 hours of total playtime because i still can't play after waiting for 2 months. It started with the change made in 01.095 so why is no one taking care of this.

10. xXFrontsauXx Trainee Engineer

I have also this Problem using a Asus HD7970 and a I7 4700. Pls do something devs :(

11. STK2008 Trainee Engineer

I get this to

R9 280x

12. ASIMER Trainee Engineer

I have such problem on HD7770
    My old bug report

Programmers, can you tell us what we must to do for help you fix it? Maybe we can send you some log files or create TeamViewer stream?
    If I can help you, this is my Skype: illya112233445566

13. R9000 Trainee Engineer

XFX R9 270X here, latest drivers, still having the same issue for a few updates now. I know you devs are working hard though, I hope it's still a GPU driver issue.

14. Digi Senior Engineer

I have the same issues on my AMD HD 7750.

However, I have a friend which has an NVIDIA GTX 960 and he also has a similar issue, but much less intense than on AMD cards.

His screenshots, look near the crosshair for a single wireframe line:
    [​IMG]

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...445/F9CD35E054D88424DC53295E1A6E2097BBE5EB51/

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...398/8F4215B9442139290D6647FA8C54D296DED81024/

He says it's like a circle that moves along the asteroid as he gets closer or further from the asteroid.

15. henkbein Apprentice Engineer

First NVIDIA report, but in the picture I see only semi-horizontal fragments of lines.
    These are NOT vertices (as shown by OP pictures so clearly), so it's another problem.

In DX the drawing of vertices is a 'flag' (an option to draw it in a certain way)
    1) Does Keen have have an active flag for drawing vertices ?
    They may be displayed different by NVIDIA/AMD drivers.
    2) Does AMD driver spontaneously add drawing vertices ?

As Sherlock said: eliminate the ,,,,
    Option 2) feels not likely.
    It would have shown. As francogp stated: 'I don't have this issue with any other game'.

So, Keen: look at your code, just to be certain.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  16. francogp Apprentice Engineer

problem continue on 1.103

17. KissSh0t Master Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  18. francogp Apprentice Engineer

That break the forum rules.

19. KissSh0t Master Engineer

It's not a forum it's the AMD's driver reporting... if you report the same issue to them it will most likely get looked at.

20. francogp Apprentice Engineer

I'm talking about this forum and your post http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/01-098-006-wire-mesh-grid-visible-on-asteroid.7367086/
    But I agree about AMD (but it seems to be a bug from this game ONLY).

21. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Why do you think I'm replying in this thread? because you commented in that other thread.

Had I known this thread existed before reporting it I would have simple commented in this thread instead of creating one..... I've re-installed Windows four times since making that other thread while trying to figure out what is causing this problem... it's honestly pissing me off.

Installing 14.12 Omega WHQL will make the grid stop showing, the issue does seem to be driver related, AMD have changed something in newer drivers which is causing us to see the grid on the asteroids.

22. francogp Apprentice Engineer

I was replying about your phrase: "More reports is better than one".. but that's offtopic. Problem solved.
    I did not change ANY driver, and since a specific GAME PATCH, the polygons appear. So, it seems to be some code modification from S.E. and not from AMD. If the devs know about a driver issue, they should post about it so we can spam AMD about it...

23. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I was not talking about this forum, I was talking about AMD driver reporting... it seems you did not understand what I was talking about.

What driver version are you using?

14.12 Omega is a driver from last year, if you are running Windows 10 you are obviously using a new driver.

24. francogp Apprentice Engineer

yep, that why I said problem solved.

15.7.1. I played several weeks using that patch, without problems. Then some S.E patch modify some code, and the bug appear. Maybe they are using some technique that is bugged on AMD drivers, but without a DEV opinion is useless to report AMD. There are 90% prob that it's S.E fault because there are some NVIDIA reports about this problem (take a look this thread, and I think that I see some screenshots from NVIDIA users on other threads, but the edges are less visible).

25. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Yeah I am using 15.7.1 now as well...

I'm going to install the old 14.12 Omega's just to see if I'm correct about it not being present in them.. will report back.

26. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Just confirming that this grid / wire mesh is not visible on older drivers "14.12 Omega WHQL".

27. henkbein Apprentice Engineer

Good testing !
    It proves code modifications in newer AMD drivers, with possible bugs.

The above shows AMD has done code modifications in newer drivers.
    In short: AMD driver problem still stands.

Note: I discard the one NVIDIA report in this topic (no vertices shown. Seems LOD related, probably shown on all vcards).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  28. Castle Builder Trainee Engineer

Confirmed in 1.104

29. francogp Apprentice Engineer

that version does not exists... yet

30. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Anticipating that the trend of no fix will continue? :p

I just switched over to DX11 to see if it was affecting me, since I have an XFX (AMD) R9 280X graphics card. Yep, I can see the polygon lines too, though only at the mid-range LOD. Up close, they vanish, and if they exist on farther LODs they are blending into the asteroid texture and aren't really noticable.

All in all, a cosmetic issue. Keen has bigger bugs to fry, but it'd be nice if they could someday track this one down. At the very least, it'd stop all the complaining about it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.