Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.107, Dx11][FIXED] Why can I see the polygon edges? (tessellation problem on ALL RADEON R7-R9?)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by francogp, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Xordus Trainee Engineer

Another patch, another fail.

It looks like this is mainly an issue with AMD R9/R7. The strangest thing about this bug to me is that the lines disappear when you come within a few feet of the asteroid.

As far as this being something AMD should fix, the problem started after an SE update. I was using the AMD driver before the update with no problems. If anyone is aware of an older driver that would remedy this I'd love to know.

This is getting super old.

2. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Confirming still present.

3. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

I'm thinking Keen doesn't have a AMD video card in a test machine to confirm the issue :D
    Anyone NOT running Windows 10 having this issue? Might be a Windows 10 driver bug if it's only happening to Win10 users.

4. francogp Apprentice Engineer

In older post in this thread, we already confirm that is a Catalyst 15.7.X issue, because previous drivers don't have the problem (if you have windows 10, you can't test this). Or S.E use some method/technique in the wrong way, or AMD inserted a bug in Catalyst 15.7.X drivers.
    Keen should confirm if the problem is from S.E or from AMD, so we can "spam" bug reports properly.

5. Cyburner Trainee Engineer

Same issues here with being able to see the polygon edges in Direct X 11. Using MSI Radeon R9 390 / Windows 7 x64 .

Note: I'm also now getting issues since patch 01_105_102 (1.105) in direct x 9 with the random asteroid polygons randomly flickering. No other GFX heavy games I play have these issues Eg: ARK, etc. I've tried the both the beta versions of the catalyst drivers, and the non beta. Effectively can't play in 9 or 11 without major video problems.

6. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and I've seen a few others in this thread reporting it too.

7. Ben Apprentice Engineer

Windows 7 x64
    AMD r290x

Still happening Latest Patch

[​IMG]

8. firstof9 Apprentice Engineer

Confirmed still occurring, but FPS near asteroids has improved drastically.
    (Minus the disappearing ones)

9. Xordus Trainee Engineer

This isn't relegated to Win10. I'm using 7.

I haven't tried it, but I really didn't think using old catalyst drivers fix this problem. The problem occurred after an SE patch, not a catalyst patch. Was using the same driver before the SE patch with no probs.

If anyone has tried an old driver and found it to fix the problem, please confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. KissSh0t Master Engineer

[01.106.006]

Confirming still present in DX11.

• Like Like x 2
  11. francogp Apprentice Engineer

the FPS is terrible when I see a big asteroid... ALL that edges call draw is killing my FPS (before this problem... 25-35 FPS on a very big asteroid, with the edge problem: 15 FPS).

12. francogp Apprentice Engineer

confirmed on 1.107

13. Peavy Trainee Engineer

R7 260x and I have this bug

14. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

XFX R9 280X too

15. francogp Apprentice Engineer

Did someone test the latest BETA Catalyst Driver?

16. francogp Apprentice Engineer

FIXED (so.. it was S.E fault... no drivers problem)

17. The MoSS 2 Apprentice Engineer

It might have been both, every graphic card handles thing a little bit different. But it doesn't matter, IT IS FIXED!

Thank you KEEN!.:carlton:

18. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

Definitely fixed on planets. Awesome work Keen! :woot:

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.