Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.127 SP Survival] Assembler "Not Enough Power"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Auhrii, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

Hi, I'm not sure if this has also been an issue in previous versions, but I've noticed that I'm unable to use my assembler in my new survival world.
    I have a setup with one battery, one assembler and one refinery (with 2 and 4 power efficiency modules respectively) - the battery is apparently capable of outputting 12MW at any one time, and the assembler uses a little over 250kW. If I set an assembly queue, it'll go ahead and assemble one item before claiming it doesn't have enough power.
    I checked the power usage and it's idling at around 10kW usage, leaving far more than enough to run a single frickin' assembler. There is also 1.11MW currently stored in the battery. Did I offend it somehow? :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. lordreaver Trainee Engineer

Try setting it on "discharge" their hybrid mode doesn't really seem to work.
    When you put your battery on discharge or "semi auto" it should solve your problem - but its still a bug!

3. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

Still no dice - it seems to do it at random, and changing the production queue (swapping items around, adding/removing items) usually sorts it out... for about 30 seconds. Apparently it also likes complaining that it has no power when the actual problem is that it lacks materials.

SE, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! :((

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

this has been going on for months now

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dax23333 Junior Engineer

I've had some success booting the assembler back into life by turning my reactor on for a short time, then off again. Then the batteries will run it.

6. Prescott Freyd Senior Engineer

Hello!

Thank you for the report :) We're aware of this issue, it has been reported to our programmers. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    PF

• Like Like x 1
  7. SeeJayEmm Apprentice Engineer

I encountered this exact same issue and was ripping my hair out about. It turned out to be an issue with ownership. Make sure that your assembler, cargo containers, and anything else in between all have the same ownership.

8. Auhrii Apprentice Engineer

Yup, all mine. I built it in survival in single player, so the ownership defaults to "Me". I double-checked, too.
    Although... what if "Me" is actually someone else, and not actually me? *plot thickens*

9. fused Trainee Engineer

Try placing excess of the required ingots into the assembler. Toggling between Disassemble and Assemble works sometimes also.

10. kittle Senior Engineer

Until keen fixes this -- a workaround is to add 1 more thing to the assembler production queue. I usually use a steel plate. That seems to "wake up" the assembler and it starts going again.

Another annoying side effect of this is bug, is it can show up when you have run out of mats (ex: no Platinum when making thruster components)

11. retep998 Trainee Engineer

One workaround I am considering is having a script that keeps about half of my batteries in discharge mode and the other half in neutral, and when a battery runs out it switches it to neutral and picks the highest charge neutral battery to switch back to discharge. Really unfortunate that I'd have to even write such a workaround but until Keen fixes this there's not much I can do.

12. kcjunkbox Senior Engineer

You will be charging batteries with batteries and losing 20% plus the 20% you already lost while charging the first battery...

13. retep998 Trainee Engineer

Batteries are only charged from batteries when a battery is set to recharge mode. In neutral mode it won't pull from other batteries either in neutral or discharge mode.

14. jandraelune Apprentice Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.