Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.149 STABLE] Sim speed issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Red Corsair, Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

@Hailedbean Almost everybody will have his holiday off it there will be -30°C outdoor. If there was an anelgetic for butt bundled to the game then I would remember this case is not so well.

2. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

only the one who really "working their butts off" is rexxar.

3. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

So, month is passed and there is no fix for that is stable branch.

4. Daywalker Hawk Trainee Engineer

its even worse now not only simspeed is still down i only get 4 fps even set on low.

5. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

@I23I7 So, I figured out. You guys just took 1.153 build for this stable update, which has complaints about simspeed drop in this thread written a month ago. Just great. So, is there any hope for hotfix for simspeed on stable branch or we should wait another month playing extra laggy game?

6. Red Corsair Trainee Engineer

!!!ATENTION, RAGE POST!!!

WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON?!
    u guys made 2 branches:

DEV - to test new features
    STABLE - main product branch

but what the f***ng hell stable branch lags as sh*t, TOTALLY UNPLAYABLE, service once time in whole f****ng month?! are u mad? sry, but if steam policy allow me to refund after 1.7k hours, ill do it. sry guys, but i dont believe in you anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Late Late x 1
  7. I23I7 ME Tester

Yeah the 153 was the one being taken for stable. The branch did receive the hot fixes that could have been added. There is hope that the sim speed will be improved with some of the render optimalizations. I agree that the past week as harsh on dev and stable since dev was pushing some big updates and there was no time for me to look for anything from the between 154-158 to add to 153 to improved the sim speed. Just on the side note you are running the server on a dedicated machine or your private machine and how many mods are you running? To be honest looking at the roadmap for updates that has been set up SE is getting into a stage where a lot is being added leaving some space for fixing before realease for beta.
    I have already reported the sim speed drop and issues with FPS because of the emmisive particles but thats as much as i can do for now.

8. LocInt Apprentice Engineer

I am running nitrados dedicated server with 40 mods.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. I23I7 ME Tester

And sim speed is at below 0.5?

10. LocInt Apprentice Engineer

After a small battle yes. Only way to gain better sim speed after that is a restart.

11. I23I7 ME Tester

So cluttering up the server lowers the sim speed substantially? Hmmm i think i will try and suggest and clutter clean up tool but again the issue with that would be that it could delete things that should be left alone. I will see what done. Do you have any mods with emmisive particles? (thrusters for example) if yes does it affect the sim speed if you drop them? ( just confirming a hunch).

12. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

I can just send you a latest world save and server configs, so you'll be able to get all info you want about it. For now my DS uses 18 mods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I23I7 ME Tester

PM them to me then please. I would like to keep threads and private messages separate for organization.

Thanks!

14. gornyakmaniac Apprentice Engineer

@I23I7 Sent to you via PM

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. max1998t1 Trainee Engineer

HOW in the universe does a SERVER only use 2.5 gbs of ram?? Empty singleplayer worlds use more!

16. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

Unsure, my world idles currently on 1.153 at 2.97gbs

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. LocInt Apprentice Engineer

Dedicated server is not providing client side which uses plenty of ram. My dedi is using 1.2-2.5gb of ram.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.