Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.181.0] Rotor displacement not saved in blueprint

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ShaunWinchester, Jun 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. ShaunWinchester Trainee Engineer

So I build a mech with a lot of rotors. I saved it as a blueprint and uploaded it to the workshop too ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937288044 ).

When I paste it in the rotor "Rotor Tail" has a displacement of 5.5 cm although I set it to 1.0 cm. I think this doesnt happen to rotors set to the max. rotor displacement.

This Problem also occurred with an other blueprint I took (just a 2-block-grid with one rotor and one reaktor). I set it to 1 cm and after pasting it in again it changed the value.

Thanks for your effort

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. I23I7 ME Tester

Worked like a charm. Thanks i have reported it for fixing.

3. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Hey @I23I7 did you also report this bug as any time a small grid rotor is spawned?

Like brand new placed rotor has a 4.5 cm offset.

Any time you spawn in the blueprint it will add 4.5 cm to the offset.

When you load a world it will add 4.5 cm to the offset.

This seems to affect mostly small grid, I haven't observed the behaviour in large grid

4. aleliabro Trainee Engineer

Everytime I copy a blueprint and paste it into the world the rotor displacements have changed from 4.5cm above what they should be. (One should have been 0 and the rest should have been 1.2cm but were 5.7 instead)

5. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I'd like to confirm this bug as well as keep this one near the top, this was an issue a number of patches ago, and it seems this old issue has found its way back into the code.

As of right now any blueprint that has a multiple rotor hinge has been made null, the screwed up displacement is causing spinning and clang to occur. I'm hoping that whatever fixed it last time can be made into a hotfix, instead of waiting several weeks like last time.
    I know things are busy, but @I23I7 I'm actively going to try and be the squeaky wheel in the old saying "...The Squeaky wheel gets the grease..."

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I23I7 ME Tester

Its ok Grindy you are polite so i dont mind rants from you. Anyway i tried rotor displacement with Rotor/Rotor+small head Large/small and i tried the same with advanced. The only thing i noticed was small adv. rotors going clang when displacement is fudged.

7. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Its ok Grindy you are polite so i dont mind rants from you. Anyway i tried rotor displacement with Rotor/Rotor+small head Large/small and i tried the same with advanced. The only thing i noticed was small adv. rotors going clang when displacement is fudged.[/QUOTE]

Uh, this is actually a seperate bug from that issue.

Like I said this is an older one that found its way back, if I wasn't on my phone I'd try and dig up the old thread on it.

Edit: got lucky
    https://forum.keenswh.com/threads/1...t-saved-in-blueprint.7395239/#post-1287057484

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  8. aleliabro Trainee Engineer

The blueprint i had this problem with is the my one from the other day (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1116236866)

Didnt make a difference if it was a new blueprint or copied into an existing blueprint. Whenever i copied the blueprint into the world the displacement was still wrong.

9. ZZZhua Trainee Engineer

I can confirm this bug. Also I think the physics calculation is changed somehow, the rotor displacement setup works good in an older version might not work in the new version.

10. I23I7 ME Tester

Dammit i hope it was not regression....

11. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Heh, this is the old thread friend. But as long as it gets the support ticket I'm sure everyone who uses them will be happy.

12. I23I7 ME Tester

There was a change to small rotors having bad displacement setup because they were able to "displace" into their block which made them clang. This was not the intended feature. I need more info. What version? What was the displacement on the previous version for you ?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  13. I23I7 ME Tester

Ill merge it.

14. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

This particular bug if it is a "regression" as you called it, any time you load in the game, copy paste, load a blue print, etc, It would add 4.5 cm to the offset of all rotors. In my case i placed an 8mm offset on my rotors, so when i load in they're all at 5.3 cm, which causes everything to explode due to conflicting havok constraints.

This issue is a separate one from the one we were talking about on discord, It was around in 1.181.0 (as this thread title suggests) I don't recall when it was fixed, but it was a week or two. It now seems to be back in the most recent minor release 1.183.1 (i think thats current, not sure hotfix number)

15. I23I7 ME Tester

Yeah Grindy sorry i omitted a step so the issue is reported and in the piping waiting for a fix.

16. Squire Trainee Engineer

I was just about to come and complain about rotor displacements changing from original to blueprint. when I saw the post.
    Hope it is fixed soon since my drop pod needs 4 rotors that currently rips the drop pod to shreds if I can't access the ship quick enough to fix it.

17. I23I7 ME Tester

It is reported for fixing i am not sure when it will be done.

18. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

They already fixed this once, shouldn't it not be that hard to dig up the old fix?

Anyway, bug was unfortunately not fixed in version 1.183.2

19. I23I7 ME Tester

It was a minor patch up i am looking at the report and its been bumped for next major so hopefully by then it will be done.

20. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Here's hoping it's not one of the 6 or 7 patches between majors, or I'm going to be rather off put from the game

21. I23I7 ME Tester

:) I doubt it that like almost 2 months for worth of updates. It should be sooner.

22. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

The first and second major updates since the new system were like 6 to 8 weeks each. I hope you're right about it being sooner.

23. I23I7 ME Tester

Hope dies last as they say in Czech Republic :D

24. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Hope died this week it seems, haven't personally tested it, but I'll take it on faith from Bruce leedle....leee that it's still broken.

25. I23I7 ME Tester

Oh yee of little faith

26. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

In my defense I had faith you folks at keen were done with these types of regression bugs...

Those of us who can manipulate clang always seem to get the short end of the bug squashing stick.

27. I23I7 ME Tester

I tried on my internal branch and it should work fine now so just wait for it to get published.

28. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I know you probably can't say much, but does that mean it will be fixed this week...? If i understand correctly you have a number of branches internally and take merges from each, will this one make the cut?

29. I23I7 ME Tester

I wont get into the details but yeah if all goes well should be this week.

30. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Hey, So I think the bug is sorta fixed. when copy pasting, and when blueprinting the displacement doesn't change.

However when you place a new rotor from your tool bar it starts with a 4.5 cm offset, previously this was 0cm. If it weren't for the fact when you right click the slider which is designed to "reset" to default value it goes back to 0, I would assume this was intended behavior.

This part of the displacement bug is really not such a detriment, more of a minor annoyance, so I don't think it needs super high priority.

@I23I7 I'm going to tag you because im not sure if you unsub from threads when the bug is fixed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.