Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.181.2][DS] Connecting a ship to a station is causing the station to move.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gnarles, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

Hi,

Noticed this while trying to build a new station in space. I had just placed a large cargo container and put some conveyor tubes and a connector on to it so I could transfer the contents of my ship to the new station. As soon as I connected the ship up the station started to shake, I disconnected and reconnected and this time the station started to rotate.

This is on a dedicated server with <StationVoxelSupport>false</StationVoxelSupport> so I would expect the station not to move at all. At one point I had to use the admin tools to stop the station as it somehow gained some velocity.

A friend of mine on the the same server ended up using the voxel hand tool to make a small bit of asteroid to anchor his station to, that seems a bit extreme every time we want a static station though.

Thanks.

2. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

I don't know if this is the case or not, but just placing a block in space does not immediately make it a station.

Ensure you own everything in the grid, and go over to the info tab (I think) and see if you can click convert to station.

It's also possible if your ship is larger than the station it's creating some kind of parent child issue, but I'm not sure

3. Scoot Trainee Engineer

you have had to attach stations to something since many updates ago. free floating blocks is now just that. AFAIK there is /used to be some option on world creation to disable this if you want to for whatever reason.

4. Gnarles Trainee Engineer

Yeah that's what StationVoxelSupport is supposed to be, with it set to false any grid that is a station should not have physics applied to it.
    --- Automerge ---
    You are 100% correct, it wasn't set to be a station. Have converted it and now it's not moving. I knew I'd probably just forgotten something.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.