Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.181.601] Visual Inventories not updating

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by TheDeafCreeper, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. TheDeafCreeper Trainee Engineer

It almost always happens after playing for a bit (confirmed multiplayer, have not tested single player), but items that are moved around will not show being moved, but wights will change and things that modify those containers, like PB will still reconize the inventory change, but you are not able to interact with the "ghost" item and they will not dissaper until you re join, oddly you can usually see the items go into the other inventory.
    As of update 1.182.1 This still occurs.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MaddesJG Trainee Engineer

Same here. Only had this Issue on dedicated servers. Singleplayer works just fine

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Niels Trainee Engineer

Same

4. Spanners Trainee Engineer

Same here! Dedicated server. It's pretty bad for us now - building involves logging out regularly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mdram Apprentice Engineer

same here, sometimes i put things in my inv, and never see them until relog

6. Typhon Trainee Engineer

Same here.
    Dedicatet Server
    No Mods
    Build 1.82.016

7. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

Checking the Inventory's Volume shows it remains accurate after the items have moved--0.0L, for example--but the icons for the items remain in the inventory, along with their numbered label.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. susu Trainee Engineer

Same here, annoying us since weeks, however with the latest update it feels like happens more frequently.
    We are using TIM, NCF, Easy inventory as a workaround, but when the engineer's inventory de-syncs, we have to re-login :(

9. MaddesJG Trainee Engineer

@susu We are using TIM as well but the bug appears to affect it. The script tries to sort things that aren't even there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TheDeafCreeper Trainee Engineer

Generally I don't see TIM having issues, but good to know that scripts can.

11. glenneroo Trainee Engineer

Also having this issue with a friend very frequently in MP with a DS hosted on Nitrado. Only solution is relogging.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. glenneroo Trainee Engineer

Still occurs after latest update (1.182.103), although it seems to be less frequent now.

13. shortybsd Trainee Engineer

Hi,
    On every server we join, even when we host to friends we all experience the same issue. When shift clicking from an Assembler, Cargo, Refinery or anything that has an inventory it will glitch. This will happen even if you aren't shift-clicking, a simple drag and drop will cause it to spaz out as well. You won't see the items update in the source inventory or your personal inventory. What we have done to test where the issue is coming from is we all ran a server and connected to each other. It seems the server host doesn't experience the problem as bad or at all as the clients themselves do. A relog fixes it temporarily. It will last maybe another minute or so before it does it again. Playing single player this problem never occurs. We have ran this on beast computers and server racks, don't matter the problem still exists. Definitely is not a hardware issue. Hopefully you guys will see this or more will come forward with the same issue and a quick fix will be issued. Crossing fingers as multiplayer isn't even really playable as of now. Also, we wiped the server and started a fresh one. Made multiple worlds with no better results. Server stats and client stats are all fine via Shift + F10. Something for sure is getting butchered in the network code.

Another thing I forgot to mention. When someone is experiencing the network inventory glitch/bug the other users will describe what is in the machine, cargo, e.t.c. and the items will be totally different from the person that having the bug. Sync issues or bad packet handling.

14. shortybsd Trainee Engineer

We've all experienced this same bug, I posted a bug report as well here. Hopefully the devs will see this if enough people come forward with the same exact issue. The problem is pretty bad even in 1.182.204. I've relogged 5 times within 10 minutes and reloaded the entire client 3 times. Restarted server multiple times with no luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kham Apprentice Engineer

Been happening for about two years now so I'm guessing the devs just have no interest in sorting it. Happens on DS and to clients in hosted MP games.

16. zombiethoughts Trainee Engineer

Just another person(plus the others on this server) letting the devs know how frustrating of a problem this is. Having to relog repeatedly, including the client and restarting the server just to see if that's the issue. But the inventory mismatch is a game-breaking bug. I love the game when it works right, sadly, it doesn't work right often.

I would think after 2 years of having this major of an issue (considering how much time is spent moving items in and out of inventories), this issue would be one at the top of their list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

Still happening in 1.182.303.

-Forjo

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AlexDenton Trainee Engineer

Im surprised that no official keen answer is given at least that they are looking into it or something. Its rude because we are encouraged to post bug reports and getting ignored on them its not good.

19. shortybsd Trainee Engineer

Like their buggy pistons? Those things still are not fixed and how long has it been?

20. Forjo Apprentice Engineer

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. piratep2r Trainee Engineer

Just adding my voice. this problem is still happening on the DS i play on. right now the ds is modded, but about a month ago (iirc) we took all the mods off to identify the source of a different problem, and the deynch problem persisted. desynch forces relogs constantly and is quite frusterating.

I hope that KSH can either acknowledge (and fix) this problem... or find a way to make money off player relogs to fuel further game development.

;)

22. XkyDiver Apprentice Engineer

According to the new feedback site, a reworking of the Inventory system is planned.

• Like Like x 2
  23. I23I7 Tester Staff

Hello,

Yes the issue was reported a while ago and there are plans to look into it. Ill bump up the problem if possible.

• Like Like x 2
  24. I23I7 Tester Staff

Merged threads.

• Like Like x 1
  25. ParGellen Trainee Engineer

Thank you!

26. I23I7 Tester Staff

Still looking into the issue but i merged the tread since they seems to be talking about the same thing.

27. ParGellen Trainee Engineer

Issue submitted. Needs votes for dev attention. Please log in and vote.
    https://feedback.keenswh.com/idea/inventory-bugs-on-dedicated-servers59a058d9ab99e
    --- Automerge ---
    There was apparently a bug already submitted for this and they have asked for the votes to be directed at that thread instead. Here is the link.
    https://feedback.keenswh.com/idea/inventory-desync5996458f3abb3
    Vote, comment, rawr, etc so maybe they will glance at it. It is already at the top of the list but it may need some attention before they care due to how long it has existed. At this point I'm hoping they haven't just chalked this up as a "unplanned feature" like has happened with exploding pistons.

• Like Like x 1
  28. I23I7 Tester Staff

:tu:

29. Morbid_666 Trainee Engineer

We've had this as an ongoing issue on our DS. However, as of the last Update it is beyond a nuisance. It used to only happen every now and then, you could rejoin and the issue would go away for a while. Now, it's constant.

30. Dessent Trainee Engineer

Could any of you upload videos of it happening? It seems they need specific examples.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.