Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

1.186.3 Grids Sinking Into Voxels

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jikanta, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

I know grids voxel sinking is nothing new. But that's normal for a huge face of blocks hitting a surface. Not 1 or 2.

Having just landed a large grid ship I had recently built (roughly 30 blocks), I watched a single block sink into the ground while the rest of the ship seemed to rest firmly on top. No landing gear. Just a hull built for landing. When I tried to correct the ships level, the sunken block exploded in a shower of parts.
    I also watched the planetary lander do this as well. The front landing gear with the ramp sunk into the ground ever so slightly. When correction was attempted, the landing gear and ramp both exploded.
    I'm betting this is what's happening to others with their wheels.

2. m.stitek Trainee Engineer

That happened to me as well when trying to land the Planetary Lander. Landing Gears sank into the ground and when I tried to fly up, half of the ship exploded.

3. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Maybe you landed in a mud or quicksand pit.

4. Nic_s Trainee Engineer

Stopped playing because of all the sinking into voxel issues. Just started a brand new game, land my rover and it starts moving up and down... then starts to sink and as it sinks the blocks explode. As far as I can tell, with limited testing, wheels are now worse. Why does the wheel and block need to be separate grids??? It seems that one grid is trying to do one thing while the other grid is trying to do something else and then everything sinks into the voxel and explodes. FFS

5. Sanktuarium Trainee Engineer

Sadly the sinking into voxels is still here, if you forgot to lock the landing gears this is what happens:
    When I just tried to grind the landing gears it exploded...

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I’ve had that happen when a grid gets embedded in a planet’s (or asteroid’s) surface. It’s as if there are some kind of internal stresses that, when suddenly released, causes some components in that grid to explode. Or maybe it’s something else. Regardless, it’s pretty spectacular when it happens.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.