Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.186.5] Invalid down scaling for upgrade modules using Multiplicative ModifierType

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kevin03YZFR1, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kevin03YZFR1 Trainee Engineer

When manually editing values for upgrade modules for both Productivity and PowerEfficiency, when using "Multiplicative" values greater than 0 and less than 1, the core code does not properly calculate the correct output in game when turning off or removing a module until restart.

Steps to recreate are below:
    1. Edit the CubeBlocks.sbc for the Power Efficiency Module
    2. Change <ModifierType>Additive</ModifierType> to <ModifierType>Multiplicative</ModifierType>
    3. Change <Modifier>1.2228445</Modifier> to <Modifier>0.5</Modifier>
    4. Load the mod into a new world and build a powered Refinery
    5. Build 4 Power Efficiency Modules onto the Refinery and observe the increase in power requirements
    6. Turn off and/or remove the PowerEfficiency modules and observe that the efficiency rating is now a factor far greater than 100%

Please note that this affects BOTH Productivity and PowerEfficiency.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the issue and reported it into our system. I am just afraid we won't be able to fix it any time soon as there are much more serious bugs and this will probably be part of final tuning.

Just one question, why would you use module which is set like that? I can't imagine any real use for it..

Thanks for the report!!

3. Kevin03YZFR1 Trainee Engineer

Thanks Zhiila. I run a few dedicated servers that implement a tiered progression system of weapons, reactors, production, components, ores, etc. for all of my players. For those players that have progressed far enough, one of the end game upgrades is a special module that allows even greater efficiency and productivity at the expense of exponential power consumption which is only produced by a special reactor that burns a very rare and hard to obtain ingot for each module that is attached.

I understand that the team is extremely busy in getting the more severe bugs corrected and appreciate you guys making this the BEST game I've ever experienced.

If you are unable to get the fix in for the next phase, I will anxiously await when the time when it can finally be fixed instead. :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  4. Ironviper42 Trainee Engineer

Now that's how you report a bug!:tu:

5. Zhiila Tester Staff

Agree!

@Kevin03YZFR1
    I also added how and why you use it, I guess it could help it to be fixed sooner.

Thanks again!!

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.