Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[1.187.073] Graphics halo on distant planets

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Burstar, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Looks odd imo.

[​IMG]

That ring in the centre of the distant planet is new. Using a Nvidia 1080Ti with up to date drivers.

2. Zhiila Tester Staff

Hi,

What is your graphic settings? I tried it with Medium and High but no halo, even if I used a camera.. It could be also dependent on distance or angle so if it is from single player, save could help as well.

Thanks!

3. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

Assuming graphic settings don't change when switching to the 1.187 betas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    --- Automerge ---
    This was what the mp servers looked like to me.

4. Burstar Apprentice Engineer

So new beta inception test: when I first logged into the NA#1 server the halo was not there.

About an hour into playing it appeared. I first noticed it after I emerged from an asteroid after hand mining. I had mined previously without it causing a halo.

I logged off, restarted my computer, and returned. The halo was still there which leads me to think it's an angle of the sun+settings thing?
    --- Automerge ---
    I created a Solar System - Survival map
    Spectator teleported to space just outside of Earth gravity
    Played with the time of day slider:

Then I noticed taht the sun paths in front of the planet. At least that's how it appears:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.