Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

10.082 SP Assembler Upgrades - No effect on coop mode slaves

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Geneticus, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Geneticus Senior Engineer

Make 2 assemblers at least 2 spaces apart on a conveyor network, turn them OFF
    Surround each with Productivity Modules(4 each)
    Queue 10k steel plates
    Drop 50k Iron in each assembler hopper.
    Set Assembler #2 to cooperative mode

Turn power on both at the same time.
    Assembler 1 creates 100 plates in the time it takes assembler 2 to create 20.

2. Aequoris Trainee Engineer

Have you checked to make sure the slave assembler is prepopulated with iron?

A seperate issue that I have noticed is when 2 assemblers are working in coop with no productivity upgrades, the master assembler pulls all the resources it needs for the entire queue, and the slave assembler pulls off only a single item off the queue with the corresponding resources for that unit. As a result, the slave assembler sits there bottlenecking on waiting for resources from the conveyers.

However, when I dragged the resources in manually to the slave, it worked at top speed.

Can you confirm the test has all the resources for construction inside of the assembler inventories?

3. Geneticus Senior Engineer

"Drop 50k Iron in each assembler hopper." That was the first thing I checked.

4. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I just tested it and I cannot reproduce it. Are you sure that you have enough power on the grid? Thank you.

5. Geneticus Senior Engineer

No problem. I'll assume its one of the 40 mods on that world :p

6. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

It's an issue I've seen in. I was going to put a fix in the open source, but RossM beat me to the issue. It appears the "slave" assembler is not pulling enough work. The slave ends up sitting there idle before it receives more work. Hopefully the pulls will be reviewed and added soon to the code base.

7. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

I can confirm that the pulls are being worked on. :)

8. joemorin73 Junior Engineer

I have no doubt. There are a lot of pulls, so I don't expect mine to be reviewed for a bit. ;)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.