Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[106.006] [Video] Asteroid LOD Bug. Parts of Asteroids Vanishing.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kane, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Kane Junior Engineer

This was in Single Player with an existing world. Default settings and oh boy this is a big one:
    NEW VIDEO 106.006:

OLD VIDEO 105:

System:
    Windows 10 64bit
    Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50 Ghz
    ASUS Maximus VI Hero Motherboard
    Corsair AX860I 860W Power Supply
    32 GB of Ram
    GeForce GTX 780 Ti
    500 Gig SSD

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. GT500 Trainee Engineer

I have to admin, I love the way you report your bugs with accompanying video :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kane Junior Engineer

Thanks friend. I enjoy doing it.

I took a screenshot of Easy Start 1 the entire thing will not even Render for me while I mine it 1m away or more of a distance.
    [​IMG]

4. Kane Junior Engineer

This bug is now fixed can anyone else confirm?

5. mazaraz Trainee Engineer

good job with the video

edit: only problem is you explicitly titled it FIXED and it is NOT fixed by any means

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  6. joebopie Apprentice Engineer

No this has NOT been fixed.
    now its just Bits of them that disappear instead of the whole thing.

7. Kane Junior Engineer

Sadly it's not fixed. There seems to be more LOD issues randomly happening. Was testing out a world for someone solving a sound bug and got hit by this:
    [​IMG]

8. AndyRock Trainee Engineer

I am getting the exact same bug in DX11, but I am getting a different, but probably related bug in DX9 where it seems the wrong LOD level is rendered when I am close to the asteroid:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. KissSh0t Master Engineer

Confirming.

The "Wire Frame" of ships is also casting shadow..... very strange.

10. outerexodus Trainee Engineer

still not fixed, i'm getting a mixture of asteroids totally disappearing and different LOD where parts of it disappear. completely disappears when i approach an asteroid. sadly makes it unplayable... please rush a fix, keen! thanks!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. UltraOne Trainee Engineer

Can confirm asteroid visibility bug on DX11, 64-bit. Some entire asteroids not visible when far away. When closer, pieces fading into and out of visibility, with some sections not visible even when ship is in contact with them.

12. TARGET Trainee Engineer

13. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

I'd blame WIN10 but I see it too (win7x64)

14. UnsungHeroRising Trainee Engineer

I am getting this exact same bug, except it seems worse in DX11, in where whole asteroids appear to be made of giant cubes and flat edges where there are none. The flat planes are the most interesting, as if they cover a gap in the asteroid they are jet black, as they would be from far away. All of these planes and edges and cubes can be passed through, revealing the actual form underneath. This is happening in both worlds I had before the update and one I made after. It appears as if I'm viewing the asteroids from far away, all the time, at any distance.
    EDIT I am using windows 8 btw

15. TARGET Trainee Engineer

seems to be strictly related to DX11. i can't get it to reproduce in DX9. 1000 meters seems to be the sweet spot to get this one to reproduce in DX11 and it's not all asteroids, some remain fully visible.

16. wildc4rd Trainee Engineer

Ditto, my base asteroid is largely 'missing' in DX11, but displays fully in DX9. This was not the case pre-update.

[Edit] Switching from DX11 to DX9 and back again, 'my asteroid' is now rendering at least.

17. -SoG-Sharky36 Trainee Engineer

I actually came on to report this.....I saw that it had been reported before the latest patch but I never encountered it until after the patch yesterday. The guys video above is exactly what I'm running into and I noticed someone stated that they aren't having the problem in dx9, so I guess I'll run in DX9 till this is fixed. Love the game, I have over 1000 hours on it.

18. TOS = Xander Trainee Engineer

Windows 8.1, DX11. Will test on latest drivers later, but now the asteroids looks like this:

19. Alwayssleepy Trainee Engineer

I also confirmed. (Win7x64DX11)
    NewStarting LornSuvival. few minutes later, base's-asteroid is banished.

PS: I was good laugh to OP's video. Grateful!
    sorry about in engurisshu

20. Crusoe Trainee Engineer

Did any1 else also notice a significant framedrop when mining an asteroid?

• Like Like x 2
  21. Phand Master Engineer

Hi,

we are trying to solve it right now. :) Thank you for report.

• Like Like x 10
  22. Goldobsidian Apprentice Engineer

There is an issue I believe related to this where the asteroids have "holographic" sections you can fly though but arent physical elements in the world. This hologram morphs and reforms to the shape of the asteroid if it modified.

• Like Like x 1
  23. TOS = Xander Trainee Engineer

Got updated video drivers and reloaded PC couple times. Not sure if there was some fix from KEEN, but still thanks for your work, guys! Problem solved for me, asteroids looks normal.

[UPD]
    Looks it was too fast to report success. Still see the "holes" in asteroids, but they're disappearing with time, so it not looks more like on my previous video.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  24. AutoMcD Senior Engineer

I had this happen last night!

25. daemonreaver Trainee Engineer

Confirmed on DX9 x64
    [​IMG]
    It's like a ghost layer of the given voxel is overlayed slightly off-center or enlarged. Did not check the other side of the Voxel in the screenshot to verify this.

26. eviltek2099 Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Same. going to the beta tab and choosing old multiplayer fixes. Hope they fix in hotpatch today...

27. HadesDurin Apprentice Engineer

here are my fresh newly made asteroid pictures which are less than 10 minutes old (23.10.15 17:25)
    i play on DX9 to have an fps rate above 10...

28. JCMais Trainee Engineer

Someone found a fix: https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengin...uick_fix_for_parts_of_asteroids_disappearing/

Basically:

29. JohnJohn1983 Trainee Engineer

I reinstalled SE on steam and no longer get this but still afew weird textures.

30. PUMMA Trainee Engineer

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.