Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[106.006] [Video] Asteroid LOD Bug. Parts of Asteroids Vanishing.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kane, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Bigeagle Trainee Engineer

with an AMD 7870 i got just texture issues on asteroids, no complete disappearing until now
    but textures are flickering heavily from distance and looks very washed out from near, as like there is something missing
    just a basic texture without any detail, since stone is monotone grey with a light lighting, iron is quite monotone brown too with some flickering dark spots here and there
    reminds me a little bit of defect multi-layer texturing

PUMMA above me has a screnshot of that

2. macgeifer Apprentice Engineer

i think a lot of graphic and perfomance issues are AMD related. i have a HD 7950 and the game is actually not playable at all. invisible grids, flickering and pop-in textures. my friends playing with nvidia have no problems. i tried several video drivers versions but there was no difference. but its an alpha, report and wait. they will fix it sometime.

3. -SoG-Sharky36 Trainee Engineer

This morning I loaded the game to check DX9, because someone said that it doesn't happen in DX9. That is tru to a point, the asteroids don't disappear. Instead you have flickering going on with the asteroids, like there are two sets of textures and each is fighting to be seen. When I start mining it, one texture is being mined while the other stays untouched acting like a ghost layer. So after you've mined a hole, and you go back to the same hole to mine some more it looks like you pass thru a ghost layer to get to where you left off. I hope this makes sense you you guys.

4. ayax Trainee Engineer

So still no hotfix, I want to assume that this then is a large scale move they made and reverting it or finding a solution isnt as easy as one would hope.

5. TARGET Trainee Engineer

still persists with the latest hotfix. 1.105.015. seems most prevalent after loading a save.

6. Zel0t Trainee Engineer

deleting shader cache will fix asteroids in close proximity I found, but newer, distant ones break.

7. b_gatza Trainee Engineer

just logged on, and I now have this problem. I didnt last night though.

8. Kane Junior Engineer

So not fixed in the latest update confirmed?

9. Barfbag Trainee Engineer

I flew towards an asteroid tonight and at around 100 meters it completely vanished before my eyes

10. MrHohenheim Trainee Engineer

one week for the next patch/fix oh yeah..

11. Fercko Trainee Engineer

Yeah i have the same problem, just killed my self.

12. ancienthighway Trainee Engineer

I ended up rolling back to 1.104 (old multiplayer). Trying to play with flickering and invisible asteroids was so frustrating. Waiting for a fix.

13. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

I switched to DX9 and the severity of the problem seems to be less of a problem... DX9 suffers from false walls, which is sort of the opposite problem. If I dig a nice clean tunnel, back out of it, then turn around to look at it, there is an incorporeal wall over the tunnel entrance along with several more as I go back in. I can pass through them, but more importantly the asteroids are visible. I'm going to try the shadercache fix now..

14. Tigerstripe Apprentice Engineer

This is the DX9 version of the problem: http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/7370880/

• Like Like x 1
  15. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

I did this and switched back to DX11. It worked for quite some time although the disappearing asteroid problem recurred eventually. However, on exit I noticed that the %AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\ShaderCache directory was full again, so I cleared it and re-started the game. The problem is gone once again. I get a couple hours' playing time before I have to rinse and repeat.

Yep, that's what I saw...or more precisely, ran into. I don't suppose there's a fix yet.

16. blooddragon606 Apprentice Engineer

Further note on deleting the contents of %AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\ShaderCache, many SE users, including myself, discovered that if you reload the game the problem recurs unless you delete the shadercache directory again.

New note: while you are loading a game, you can do this on the fly: press ALT + TAB and go to %AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\ShaderCache and delete the contents of that folder while SE is running and your saved game is loading. If you do this, the rendering bug will not occur/recur when your universe finishes loading, or at least, it has worked every time for me so far.

17. raptor 2 Trainee Engineer

Tried JohnJohn reinstall idea. That worked at first but after a while the bug returned. Also tried deleting the shader cache wich also worked for a while but that also ended with the bug returning after a while. Hopefully this get to the top of the "fix it" list as the game is unplayable as it is. Also, on every reload of the game, every door on ship or station is now open.

18. JohnJohn1983 Trainee Engineer

I've stopped playing and left my DS on creative for my gaming group to practice base building and try things out ready for when planets is here. Only been playing the game almost 2 weeks and its one game that I'm really looking forward to the full release of.

19. [2RIMa]-SNAKE Trainee Engineer

I still have this issue. The Game is kinda broken right know. Please Keen, fix it ASAP.
    I hope we won't wait until next week... :'(

20. Kane Junior Engineer

Yeah I'm also taking a bit of a break. I will try to keep reporting on thur/fri updates.

21. Kane Junior Engineer

Issue still exists mainly on vanilla spawned asteroids. Uploading a new video showing this.

22. ancalagon Trainee Engineer

its time to stop playing this game i think its alway broken and there is no communication of the dev's

23. Kane Junior Engineer

Updated topic with video:

• Like Like x 1
  24. one4chaos Trainee Engineer

I also still have these problems AND now some of my conveyors are missing and show the word ERROR until I get withn a few meters of them. Once I am close they reappear. My asteroids still disappear when I get close. Sometimes all, sometimes part of the asteroid.

25. zgrillo2004 Trainee Engineer

Im sick and goddamn tired of lack of communication. WHERE IS EVERYONE!? Fix that Damn shits!

• Like Like x 1
  26. ancalagon Trainee Engineer

i think they are busy with planets so they don't care if the asteroids are broken

27. Kane Junior Engineer

I think they care and in fact these LOD issues are massive performance enhancements their doing that effect asteroids and planets. Sadly their not quite ready yet and causing some more issues then expected.

28. SparkyFox Apprentice Engineer

is this the same problem? [​IMG]

29. zgrillo2004 Trainee Engineer

More like they dont give a shit. If thats what they are doing then they are going to be losing ALOT of their customers due to lack of communication with the devs. what im pissed at is the fact that they say they fixed it but they didnt. They were lying to us.

• Like Like x 1
  30. SparkyFox Apprentice Engineer

at least the rotors are fixed and doors too but asteroid voxels, nope, wasn't fixed at all

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.