Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. Hello Guest!
    Welcome to the Bug Report forum, please make sure you search for your problem before posting here. If you post a duplicate (that you post the same issue while other people have already done that before) you will be given a warning point which can eventually lead into account limitations !

Here you can find a guide on how to post a good bug report thread.
    Space Engineers version --- Medieval Engineers version
  2. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

[153] [DS] Stable - Every grid vanished on multiple servers within minutes of each other

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by demolish50, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. I23I7 ME Tester

Well it was assumed if you need to tick the box you want to destroy whatever you ticked :p i doubt it will be reworked before beta. Anyway there is a fix. Its working it will be added tomorrow.

2. Foogs Apprentice Engineer

I23I7 good. I will directly send exploits to devs, not to forum.

3. I23I7 ME Tester

Thank you for that. :)

4. Ronin1973 Master Engineer

Can't we just password protect or have an option to password protect the Space Master features? There should be a prompt for a password that's hard-coded into Space Master on a server in addition to the current requirements.

There should also be a log of when someone enters Space Master mode, deletes a grid, or pastes a grid into the world. If anything, if there's a future security breach, we'll know when it happened as well as WHO is responsible.

5. Foogs Apprentice Engineer

There is much more complicated, you can call the function locally, and the replication layer will do all dirty work :D and send your changes to server.

6. NikolasMarch Junior Engineer

glad this loophole is being closed :D

the trash thing is wrong, looks like i have explain it 'again', im sorry but this is an issue that has annoyed me, just for common sense reasons!

the trash removal system, combination of tick boxes to be set to delete specific types of grids that meet the criteria.
    this also comes onto the missing options for un-powered only, not being clear if unpowered is assumed if not ticked.

example: there are no ticks, you want to remove grids that are ONLY 'linearly moving' and 'powered' so you tick linearly moving and, oops ALL GRIDS that fit that category and the numbers boxes below have just been wiped, powered or not, Before you clicked the remove trash button! If it is assumed unpowered ONLY if 'powered' not ticked then all unpowered has just been deleted when you only wanted powered deleted!

example: there are no ticks, you want to remove grids that are ONLY 'Stationary' but you tick Fixed Stations by mistake.... oops THEY ARE ALL GONE, partly because my hand twitched or finger twitched or i coughed or a glitch or something, but mostly because things are being deleted BEFORE the REMOVE TRASH button is pressed!

its just a common sense thing dammit! there is a 'remove trash' that used to confirm the correct 'tick' combination and block count and distance from players and then removes the trash that fits all those settings.
    and this is the way it used to work, the instant removal of trash did not used to happen each time you click the trash type tick boxes... people have lost things they didnt want to lose because of this!

i bug reported it, and was told 'this is by design' im like wtf seriosuly? (thats when i got really annoyed)

we have to work around yet another 'bug' by remembering to change those number boxes at the bottom of the trash screen to silly high numbers first so that only what we want deleted gets deleted.
    yes its just a small thing, but it was changed TO this intentionally!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. demolish50 Senior Engineer

The unnamed person in this thread is at it again. This time spawning planets.

8. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

So how is he bypassing bans?

9. franky500 Trainee Engineer

I'm guessing the fix is not available today then? would be nice to get safe for the weekend. I've given up reverting until its fixed.

10. I23I7 ME Tester

The bypassing of bans, giving game via family settings, pasting of voxels, and grids was fixed. Is a hacker still at large?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

Unsure at this moment. Demolish seemed to think so but we at TSV have had an issue

12. Arcturus Senior Engineer

Agreed. Read this old thread as well: http://forums.keenswh.com/threads/1...ways-overrided-by-space-master-fixed.7379870/
    There was a time when the trash removal in space master automatically happened BY DEFAULT, regardless of the world setting being off. Thankfully that was fixed.

Generally you would expect the Remove Trash button in the UI to have a purpose. As it stands, the only safe way to selectively delete grids is using the next/previous/remove buttons.

• Like Like x 1
  13. demolish50 Senior Engineer

I have not had an issue since Sunday. Fingers crossed.

14. I23I7 ME Tester

Alright guys good to hear.
    Trash tool removal fixing ? I will look into and attempt to bring some programmer to give it some much needed maintenance.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.