Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

4th of July: American Flags

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Leonhardt, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

[​IMG]

Can plant em on Large Ships and Stations.
    Of course, would be a static model, since there's no wind in space.
    No gravity either.
    Pretty sure they just gave you a cardboard flag.
    But you don't care because you're a patriot! Representing your country and your home for all others in the universe to look upon you and see that you love your country!

2. Volthorne Apprentice Engineer

3. kristakis Junior Engineer

Only if we can select from countries other than USA :D

4. GotLag Senior Engineer

This game is set in the future, that's why there's no USA.

5. Gidar Apprentice Engineer

If they do holiday events (for a nation they aren't even from, no less), I would prefer it to be a post-release thing, they have much bigger fish to fry.

That said, wave your flag(s) all you want IRL and enjoy the fireworks. :thumb:

6. paswert Junior Engineer

Only 50 years, and it it extremely unlikely that the world would be in such a different state by then.

7. Wizlawz Master Engineer

8. Gidar Apprentice Engineer

In the words of the late & great Douglas Adams: "Don't Panic".

9. Virakotxa Apprentice Engineer

[​IMG]
    Because F**k History! USA! USA! :p

10. SenorZorros Master Engineer

NEVER

the Dutch flag is obviously superior! after all we are the inventors of the major event that's happening right now! yes, the Dutch invented the financial crisis before the usa was formed!

wait... that isn't really a good thing is it?...

11. Cydramech Junior Engineer

Screw you damned Earthlings and your nationalist crap.

ALL HAIL THE ARMED IMPERIAL REPUBLIC OF MARS!

12. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

USA will most probably go bankrupt in max 10 years and noone can tell what will happen after that. The process is simillar to Rome empire (and many more in history):
    - started as freedom state with strong economy (because wealth of nation is tied to ability of people to do what they want and pay for it/get rich on it)
    - slowly abandoning the freedom ideology and becoming more of an empire with power focused in hands of politics which results in government messing with economy (which is ALWAYS bad) aswell as human freedom
    - the weakenning economy with powerfull government resulted in loosing value of the currency due to social programs, government projects, etc... (in Rome it was mixing low-cost metals to gold and silver coins, in USA it was leaving the gold standart and unstoppable creation of new money)

In Rome it resulted in hyperinflation which ruined the economy and the empire soon ended, in USA hyperinflation is very real perspective in next few years. So it is very possible world will be completely different in 50 years.

13. Gidar Apprentice Engineer

Well, of course, assuming the world even exists in any meaningful sense in 50 years.

14. Martinineter Senior Engineer

Holland, Holland, Holland.

Give us the dutch flag!

15. Ed Frost Senior Engineer

i like the idea of a flag. but i would prefer the possibility to design my own flag. rather than be forced to use an pre-set flag. except if it is pre-set as the dutch flag :D

16. Gidar Apprentice Engineer

If they fix landing gear lag, you'll be able to make any flag you want for a large ship, by attaching a rectangular "small ship" with right-color blocks.

Although personally I think personal decals could be cool (if not prone to abuse).

17. Veraenderer Trainee Engineer

A block which show a custome image (for example a flag or a decal or a small screenshoot or a text) would be cool ;)

18. Osho Trainee Engineer

This isn't the place for political discussion, kindly take your bullshit elsewhere. (BTW you are wrong) :)

19. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

I was replying for the talks about future with relevant facts, not starting any political duscussion. I also admire your arguments.

20. Willemina Senior Engineer

In before lock!

But if we're going to have a flag, I think my head canon country of the Reconstituted British Empire should be up there at the top of the list. They're ruled by a vat grown cybernetic Queen Victoria and Churchill-Head-inna-Jar.

21. Wombats Junior Engineer

Repubric of Asians will rule the world in 2077

22. Alvoreno Apprentice Engineer

23. Valdemar |FIN| Junior Engineer

Fun fact: the oh so strong and patriotic flags they planted on the moon back in the day are now fully white.
    Happy surrender day everyone, in space, you won't be waving USA flag forever.

24. SenorZorros Master Engineer

that's because the Dutch will take over Venus and Mars at the same time.

25. Willemina Senior Engineer

It's the canals isn't it.

26. Outfrost Apprentice Engineer

27. SaturaxCZ Senior Engineer

Dont forget about French flag :D + manual
    [​IMG]
    +I would prefer some in game logo creator for our creations ( meybe spicial block like monitor/flat desk just for logos so developers will have less work ) :D

28. Gidar Apprentice Engineer

I don't even...

29. Robbie Trainee Engineer

Dutch flag!!! But honestly the idea is a bit unnecessary.

30. Carryall Trainee Engineer

What's this 4th of July thing? Real Americans work on national holidays and don't give a s***. The only people to be proud to be American in America are corporate execs, lawyers, congress (or their lobbyist counterparts), healthcare admins, or people aspiring to be a part of any of these three fields to screw anyone else .

Real Americans are pawns to a giant corporate serfdom that keeps them in ignorant bliss with flashy vidya games and teevee happy time shows.

Please keep politics off my space simulator, sir.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.