Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

.7 compound blocks still problematic

Discussion in 'General' started by VirtualBuilder, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. VirtualBuilder Trainee Engineer

Yes you have a new portal, but it requires a new account so in the meantime can you move this in bugs...

Refactoring the visuals is great, but compound blocks still fail in multiple instances, in survival you can end up with not being able to complete your vision and you have no clue why.

The square pillar, it won't compound with the half-timber wall, half-timber wall w windows, you can't use the half-timber slope inverted against it (not even compounded).

This seems new with .7 but the roof will no longer build against the inside of wall arches. Yes I know from the interior the roof beams used to show below the arch but on the exterior it was fine.

You can't build compound perpendicular to the pillar edge of a wall arch with the half-timber wall and half-timber wall w windows.

I realize some of these compounding combinations don't look great, especially log wall and stone compounding (which happens to work where some half-timber options don't), but I rather be able to complete a building with an imperfect edge rather than not being able to do it, there are too many exceptions right now to keep track of.

I also suggest making a block variant of inverted items rather than using the rotate feature (which doesn't work with plank and log slopes), it is easy to lose track of the when to use Y and when to use R since the rotation is based on the the object's normal coordinates and not the viewer's.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.