Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Discussion in 'General' started by j0h00, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. j0h00 Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 16
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dan2D3D Moderator

Hi j0h00, Ill say if you follow the guide on ''how to do a good bug report'' it will help Devs a lot.
    And
    Using the search tool of the forum before adding a new report will prevent duplicates.

P.S.
    Your thread is not a in game bug so I will move to General Discussions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DDP-158 Master Engineer

Damn, I was gonna tell him to post this bug in the bug report section for irony but it wasn't him that put the thread here.
    Took a look at his postings and I can where he may have issues. None of his threads are titled the way they prefer and I'm sure the posting themselves are probably not too detailed or have been poste before.

4. DuneD Junior Engineer

Poor Phand does read most of the bug reports, seeing your posts, most of the bugs you reported were already reported and answered by Phand, read the bug report forum, and use the search function of the forum before reporting a bug. Also, in your bug reports, you need to add propper STR (Steps to reproduce), more information about the bug, and the version where the bug occurs. That will make things easier for the devs to fix the bug :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. KissSh0t Master Engineer

I was once killed by a huge bug but it's okay guys because I respawned..

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. rexxar Senior Engineer

tl;dr of the first post:

Wah! Keen doesn't treat me like a special snowflake! My entitlement!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Harrekin Master Engineer

Expected...

[​IMG]

Needless to say, disappointed.

Thread verdict?

Would not read again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Arcturus Senior Engineer

The KSH staff who read the bug report forums mostly appear to be a gatekeeper/tier 1 team who only pass along the bug to the programmers/design team if they believe the bug exists AND they can reproduce the bug on their machine AND perhaps other criteria. The programmers/designers/executives seem more directly influenced via social media contacts, youtube, etc.

Many other games out there use a bug tracker where duplicate reports can be referenced or linked, and the status of a bug (unverified, verified, low priority, solved, zombie, etc.) can be seen by all. People like the OP just want confirmation that the devs *know* about a certain bug, or that the bug has come back from the dead, even if fixing it will take some time.

9. Jikanta Apprentice Engineer

Maybe some of these bug reporters need a pull down menu with bug type sections. Nah.

10. Captaindan Apprentice Engineer

I would suggest to delete this Thread... useless, pointless Thread from a crying child..

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hotshot Jimmy Senior Engineer

Oh yay another cry baby, "this game not work way suppost to and now me ignored by big stupid game people when I point out problems"

Oh ye sure because this thread will help your endeavour of being noticed for reporting bugs that have already been reported.

Search function.
    Correct ways to communicate bugs.
    Adult nappies.

Three things you need to use.

Oh and seconded to close this topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tristavius Senior Engineer

I have submitted dozens of bugs over the years, all be it not for a fair few months now. With clear titles and concise, relevant information and reproduction steps, I've never once not had a Phand reply or someone pointing out a duplicate I missed (in which case I have removed mine and added to the other report).

Ironically, bug report is the ONLY forum that gets any kind of regular dev attention around here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Harrekin Master Engineer

You mean "albeit"?

If you don't post bug reports, don't moan about them not fixing bugs.

Jesus, do you expect a personalised thank you for every bug you post?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tristavius Senior Engineer

Indeed - smart phone whilst waiting for elevator not co-operating :p

(I assume the rest was aimed at OP)

15. TodesRitter Moderator

Seems like the OP doesnt want to discuss

-closed

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.