Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

A Web Server List For Space Engineers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Endimmion, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Dear Space Engineers Community,

"Space-Engineers.com" is a Space Engineers server list. Its goal is to provide an efficient way for players to find a server that suits their needs and also for servers owners to get more players on their servers.

https://space-engineers.com/

"Space-Engineers.com" is not just a simple server list. The list has tons of features:

- Browse servers by: rank, countries, versions, uptime, tags ....
    - Complete search features: Find the best server for you using, our search engine with multi-criteria
    - Favorite system: Build your own list with your favorites servers
    - Comment system: Leave comments on servers and discuss directly with their owners
    - Achievements and leaderboard
    - User profile
    - Blog and RSS
    - Server status check: All servers are checked every 5 minutes, to guarantee you an up to date list
    - Server statistics: Get detailled charts for your server: players connected, votes, rank and uptime
    - Server notifications: Received notifications when your server goes offline
    - Vote system: Vote every day for your favorite server
    - Dynamic status banners: Show your server status on your website/forum with our nice dynamic banners
    - Support for "private" servers

So if you have a server, we invite you to register it on :

https://space-engineers.com/

Best regards,

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Vdragon Apprentice Engineer

Registered my server.

3. Kielm Junior Engineer

I've registered an account, and will register my servers once load testing is done.

Good idea!

4. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Thank you both :)

5. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

*UPDATE* : As the dedicated servers are still unstable, we have disabled the display of uptime.

6. Mishka Junior Engineer

Added the two servers i currently host to the list :)

7. Draygo Senior Engineer

fancy list nice feature list.

I dropped your link from the wiki for now as we don't allow advertisement - wouldn't be good if we allowed every SE related website to drop links to themselves on our pages. If your website becomes a valuable community resource I can see re-adding it in an appropriate location.

8. Ash87 Senior Engineer

Registered. Nice service, and thank you for informing me about it.

9. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

No problem, I understand :cool:

10. DoctorDeathDefying Apprentice Engineer

Thank you for posting a link to this site - very nice interface, seems incredibly useful.
    Registered one of my servers - more will come soon.
    +1

ADMINS AND OP - **CONSIDER MOVING TO DEDICATED SERVERS SUB-FORUM**

11. Xocliw Public Relations Staff

Looks like a great idea, nice website. And the tags will prove to be very useful :thumb:.

12. Xanderfuzz Trainee Engineer

Does anyone happen to know how the servers are ranked? The number one server has 2 up votes and the number two server has 7 up votes. There is obviously something else at play here, if someone would be willing to inform me on what criteria servers get ranked on, that would be fantastic.

13. Ash87 Senior Engineer

We've had some issues with the site today.

First it seems to report a few more people than we have on. It seems to consistantly be at least 2 over what we have on. I was pretty much explaining this away, because our server seems to register two entities as being on, that are not infact online. That said, later in the evening we ended up seeing +4 people ontop of who we had on. I was informed that at some point earlier this evening, there were 2 people on, and it registered us as having 8.

Further, at 9:05pm CST I checked my server's status, and it said the server was offline, when I checked with the host, not only was it online, he was playing it that very moment. We have a static IP, there was no interruption in the server being available. Further at 9:10 local time, I tried and succeeded to log onto the server myself: While it still said on the server listing that our server was down. Around 9:11, I checked and it said our server was up again.

14. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

From the help page available here : http://space-engineers.com/help/

The bonus for "average players connected" has been lowered so that vote have more weight.

15. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Thank you for reporting this. But Space Engineers is still in Alpha state and so is our server list. Also Dedicated Servers are just out and they have still several issues.

About the player connected, we get this value directly from the server. So beside reporting it to the game developers, there is not much we can do about it.

Now about your server status. We check server status every 5 minutes. When we check it, if for whatever reason something make the check failed, your server will appear offline for the next 5 minutes, until the next check.

For the reasons that could make a check failed:
    - A small connection problem between your server and our list, or just on your side, or just on our side
    - There can still be issues in the dedicated server query protocol.

That's also why we have disabled the display of uptime for the moment.

16. Xanderfuzz Trainee Engineer

Another question, there are three achievements which are about attaining google and facebook likes for the server(s) you've registered. Our server:
    http://space-engineers.com/server/13/

Has currently got 1 facebook like and 2 google recommendations. However the user that registered the server has not received the first of these achievements. (To get at least 1 of either like) Could you get back to me with information on how the achievement registers the likes, as this achievement has already been obtained by one person so I realize it is possible.

17. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

He has this achievement. It's him the only one person that achieved it for the moment.

Pictures for each achievement are not ready that why it's hard for the moment to see which achievements you've earned.

Also player list are now displayed in each server.

18. Draygo Senior Engineer

19. NightStalker Apprentice Engineer

Added two servers run by NightsWorld.

20. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Thank you ^^

We will soon reach 30 registered servers.

I will try to add more background for dynamic banners. If someone has nice (and high quality) screenshots to use as banners, you can send them to me on admin@space-engineers.com

• Like Like x 1
  21. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

22. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

*UPDATE* We have replaced our old report module with a ticket module that allow us to have a direct discussion with people that need help or that want to report inappropriate content

23. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

*UPDATE*

To limit vote abuse, vote through Steam is now required. Of course a Steam account with at least one game is required.

24. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Now you state at least one game required, can it not be a requirement to have Space Engineers as a game that the person owns. I am not familiar with the steam sign in so I don't know if this can be achieved but I would prefer it that way.

25. TheMap Trainee Engineer

The voting system can be abused no matter what way he does it. But I do agree the person if possible should be check to see if they own space engineers. Otherwise I can vote 5 times a day for my own server. Don't ask me why I have 5 steam accounts with atleast 1 game each...:p

26. MrKoronas Apprentice Engineer

Its best to keep it as fair as possible, I hope that the game can be checked before vote.

27. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

It is possible and it will be activated. But for the moment it is disabled : Steam Web API is often very slow. The API function to check the games of a user, can sometimes take more than 10 seconds!!!! So long that sometimes it fails.

Hi need to think and run tests, to find the best solution.

28. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

There is also another big problem. It is not possible to know if a user own or not a game, if his profile on Steam is private.

But of course It is easy to detect user that try to vote with several empty Steam account if they all vote from same IP.

29. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

We are now tracking more than 1,000 servers

30. n30nex Trainee Engineer

I do hope you do not cash out and offer paid top premium spots until this game is officially released, listforge will end up with the same issues that every modded mc hoster has had, we end up buried due to the others who can justify $300+ for a paid ad bid.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.