Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

A Web Server List For Space Engineers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Endimmion, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

There is no premium spots planned for our server list. Also as you are speaking about Listforge, you will see that except our Minecraft server list, there is no premium spot currently running on our lists.

2. Draygo Senior Engineer

3. Hasbinbad Apprentice Engineer

Why exactly did you lower the points for average users again? That seems to favor servers with bot legions (with at least 1 steam game, ermehgerd, i can pay a dollar for humble bundle steam codes too) and not many players.

4. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

In August our new tool to detect vote abuse should be ready. This will help us to detect more easily server that have a suspicious amount of voters compared to their average players count.

5. Tassadar Apprentice Engineer

Oh god here we go again, it's minecraft all over again. Time to register on 20 websites like this that will all start to popup soon.

6. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Minecraft has no ingame server list. So obviously if you want players to find your Minecraft server, you have to register on one or more web lists. And you cannot blame someone because he tried to make a server list to help people. But if you want just a server for your friends no need to use a web server list.

Now for Space Engineers. The game has an ingame server list. So players can find your server without the need for your server to be on a web server list. So what are you complaining about?

But if you maybe want to get more players, you will have to advertise your server on more places : web server lists, forums.... But that apply to all things (applications, games, products, websites) : If you want something to be know by lot of persons, you have to advertise a little bit.

7. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

We just added a nice feature : User can now connect directly to a server from the web server list. In each server page, a "Connect" button is now available. Now need to copy-paste the IP:port anymore.

8. doctorspaceman Trainee Engineer

Server uptime is a horrible weight for ranking. Dedicated server code is incredibly unstable, and it becomes even more apparent when more players join. Furthermore, with any appreciable amount of players, the server becomes sluggish after a few hours because the game is in alpha.

Our server is a high population PVP server, and it is restarted as needed (after warning players) to improve performance. A high upkeep in this list simply means the server is zero-low population, and has inactive admins. High average player count and low upkeep time suggests a server that is maintained for performance. Afterall, those players come back for a reason.

Average players online should be the only weight imo, not even votes. Votes just allows users to game the system.

9. Darth_Buddha Trainee Engineer

It might make since to be able to sort them by Europe, Asia and western hemisphere..
    Not sure if that is possible..

10. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

*UPDATE*

The vote system has been updated to fight vote cheating a little bit better

We have started to clean the server database by removing the few server still running on a very old version (01.03xxx)

We are now tracking more than 4,600 servers

11. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Received today in our Ticket/Help support system :

"Hi i want to ask why i cannot register my server of Farming Simulator 2015 ?
    the ip is: xx.yyy.zzz.ss:10833
    and i recive this error " Connection problem. Check your server settings"
    Pls help me !"

He is right, maybe our background is a little bit confusing and might be too close from Farming Simulator ingame background.... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. auge Apprentice Engineer

Hey Endimmion, did you ever think about re-activating the "reset uptime" feature?
    I registered my server last year, took a 3 month break (because of bugs, bugs and, well, bugs?) and now its down to 40% uptime.

Or do I have to delete and register it again to reset the uptime? (pretty annoying)
    (The server was once in the top 10 )

13. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Oups sorry for the (very) late reply. In the future we will re-activate this feature, but honestly I still haven't found how. In the past this feature was not free (the user has to pay to use it). I want now to make it free but also find a nice way to limit it to avoid abuse.

Also we are now tracking more than 5,500 servers :)

14. HurricaneGirl Apprentice Engineer

Proud to be one of those servers!

Love the features you offer, especially getting an email when the server is detected as being offline for more than a few minutes.

15. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

We have released a new major feature for our server list : the "Ping Feature".

It will allow server admins to see the latency of their servers on different locations around the world. And for players, it could help them find a server with a good latency near them.

We currently "ping" server from 13 locations around the world. At least, three more locations will be added later.

http://space-engineers.com/server-ping/

16. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

17. Wizlawz Master Engineer

pretty cool site / list....but none of them say whether or not we can save our work.

i hate joining a server and either falling through the planet, and having to start everything over again

18. Titus Trainee Engineer

Signed up!

19. Wizlawz Master Engineer

you think there is a way for them to say if they are using MODS, which ones and how many?

20. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Two new locations have been added for our "Ping Feature" : Spain and South Africa.

We have now 15 locations across the world to measure the latency of servers.

http://space-engineers.com/server-ping/

21. Mouse310 Trainee Engineer

Is there, or can you add a PvE tag please

thx

22. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Yes sure.

23. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

We have now switched our Space Engineers server list to HTTPS.

24. TheNudeNerd Trainee Engineer

And it looks like you fully reset the votes too? We went from ranked in the 30s to 1300s..

25. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

This is the usual monthly vote reset. It has always been like that.

26. TheNudeNerd Trainee Engineer

Ah.. didn't know that. My bad.

27. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

*UPDATE*

We added an automated process to claim your server if it is already registered by someone else.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Breanox Trainee Engineer

Hi Edimmion,
    Nice work !

29. Endimmion Trainee Engineer

Thank you very much

30. Hailedbean Trainee Engineer

I appreciate you keeping that site going, we use it often.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.