Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Advanced Avionics Corp. - Bringing you the future of tomorrow, today!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Cyrus Deacon, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

Thank you for taking the time to click my forum topic

Please read all of this:
    Advanced Avionics Corp is currently recruiting space engineers from all around the globe. We are a mature group of 16 and older (Age requirements have lowered). For management positions I am only accepting those who are 18 years of age or older (No offense to the kids who like to play space engineers, I am just building a mature group for management). I welcome all ideas and people from all walks of life. Let me be clear. I am looking for people with their own ideas. I am looking for people that plan to bring something to the table. I am looking for people who are intelligent, patient, and trustworthy. I fully intend to build the best faction in the game. Period.

If you are interested in helping me build the foundation for the best faction possible, please send me a friend request through steam. Lets chat!

There is little information I can give out right now as everything, just like this game, is a work in progress. What I can tell you is that this will be for mature members only (as stated) and that we will try to be a realistic/serious group. I would like to build a great community of people to enjoy this game for all is has and will have to offer. So far things are moving along swiftly and I could not have asked for a greater starting position. Our members are talented and I am impressed with the amount of help I am getting from them and in such a short period of time. Thank you to everyone who has joined so far.

If you are interested in joining the future of space engineers, working with others to turn your imagination into reality, and enjoying this game with a new group of great friends. please send me a chat in steam. Thank you!

To contact AAC please send a friend invite via steam. Steam ID: mik97t

Advanced Avionics President & CEO
    Cyrus Deacon
    New Badges/Signatures/Banners created! All accepted members will get one!​
    [​IMG]
    Copy/Paste
    Name:
    Steam ID:
    Sex:
    DOB:
    Division: (miner = industrial soldier = military)
    Peak Hours:
    Country of Origin:
    Important! All time zones must be converted to CST. Figure up your CST peak hours. Google is your friend.

2. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

And what IS your steam name? Can't add you if I can't find you.

3. Balmung Senior Engineer

I get only a white empty Site in FireFox. ^^

4. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

It on the website... Weird if you can't get to it. I will post the steam name on the first post. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

P.S. The link works for me, and I use firefox.

Edit: is anyone else having problems accessing the site?

5. DocTanner Junior Engineer

Host resolved, but there's no data. Is it possible that it's not actually a public link and you can only access it because you're logged in?

Edit: Also, I can't help but notice that you've only made this post and nothing else. Wouldn't it be wise to participate in the community a bit before creating a whole corporation? I mean, good for you for taking such an interest in the game, it just seems kind of odd to start recruiting from a bunch of people you haven't even talked to.

That said, welcome to the forum!

6. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

I have participated. I JUST made this screen name because my old one does not have the name Cyrus Deacon =) Let me check that link out. thanks

Edit: Just checked again and the link works just fine for me. Logged out. Dumped my cookies. Closed firefox and relaunched. The page fires right up.

Edit: Just tried it on Internet Explorer and it seems to not be working. Is everyone else using firefox? I am going to restart my computer and try again. This is weird.

Edit: Ok still not working in internet explorer but firefox is working fine for me. Anyone else? I bet what is happening is I just published the site about an hour ago. So it might not be available for everyone yet.

7. hrdrok Apprentice Engineer

Using chrome mobile and site works for me. Looks great so far. Keepitup and people will join. :)

8. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

I am glad to hear its working. Thank you very much!

9. DocTanner Junior Engineer

I've got chrome. Most likely, the DNS record hasn't propagated yet. That's why I can't see it from here.

10. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

Will someone try the link for me to make sure it works now?

11. Sims_doc Junior Engineer

Huh, I've got a webcam from 1998 so i'm sure you won't be able to tell my age because of it been so low res so that puts me out of action.

12. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

I think it's pretty silly to go through all of these loops just to prove someone is 21/18 years old. I just turned 24 this past Friday, I still look like I'm 17. Most of the people in the Dominion PMC are underage, I assume, but they are all mature and have great ideas and respect for each other. But good luck.

13. Guest

I second this, also congrats Bacon.

14. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

Thanks bud. :)

15. Guest

no problem ;D

also first post on the forums, and already congratulating someone :p

but I digress...

16. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

Please don't post negative criticisms Bacon. You can have your opinion and I respect that, but I would appreciate if you keep it to yourself? And as I said in my first post. By having a webcam I am just making sure you are not 13. Even with a horrible webcam I will be able to tell the difference between a 13 year old and a 25 year old. Of course it is not full proof but it is something. BUT I am only asking for age verification via webcam for management members (which I only need 2-3).

Sims_Doc please contact me via steam. Or do you mind if I get your steam info? I have sent you a message.

Edit: After re-reading my post I wasn't clear on what my intent was. I have modified it. So in a round about way. Thanks. =)

17. Gentry Senior Engineer

Bacon's comment was perfectly legitimate and there is nothing wrong with criticism. And you're in no position in telling people to 'keep it to themselves'.

Now you've only opened yourself up to more, because quite honestly I wouldn't want to work with someone who couldn't handle something as minor that post :p

Apart from that your website looks really cool and I wish you the best of luck.

Edit: Though one question, Aerospace? I'm guessing that is a legacy hold over from some RP fictional terrestrial company before they got into the space bizz or something?

18. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

I was just asking politely (or so i thought). Its no big deal :p

Aerospace comprises of atmospheric flight as well as space flight. Tho I was thinking of Astronautical.

19. Gentry Senior Engineer

Oh yeah Aerospace is a valid term oops

20. Grim Apprentice Engineer

Interesting. 'Tis a shame I'm not 18 or I would join.

21. ryudragon27 Trainee Engineer

game is still alpha with no MP and we are already getting factions going, :D i would join but its to much responsibility, i also don"t like that you're excluding a large group of players (younger than 18) and i'm sure many others won't either, i'm not saying let kids join but older than 18 is a lot to ask, but anyways, best of luck to you bro

22. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

Thanks for the good luck. That's completely fine if you don't want to join. In Minecraft we built an amazing community of 18 and older. I didn't say this wouldn't be difficult. But I love a challenge. Gives me purpose. :cool:

23. bacondeity Apprentice Engineer

Hate to piggy back on Cyrus' thread, but I started the first faction on this forum (I brought the idea over here) and we've been growing steadily up to 20 members now, no restrictions. All I ever asked is for people to be respectful of each other and support each other in whatever means necessary. I have a lot of rules and regulations, such as naming your ship with our callsigns and official colors, written out.

You can check it out here if anyone is interested.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dominionpmc

24. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

How dare you! ;)

25. Asskickulater Trainee Engineer

Hmm, this is interesting.. I may be interested, factions sound cool, also like the name lol :p I'm rather new tot his game, been lurking around the forums a lot waiting for MP, can you give more details in what a faction would do and what your looking for?

26. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

Absolutely. Lets talk in steam. My ID is Cyrusdeacon.

27. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

Updated. Name changed. Signatures added. Age requirements lowered. Website updated. Members list added. Application section active. Animated AAC graphic added. :D

28. Cyrus Deacon Trainee Engineer

Message sent grim.

29. Robert Arthur Greene Trainee Engineer

A.A.C. Vice-president, asking permission to Dock with this thread.

(always wanted to do that, some day :D)

30. ryudragon27 Trainee Engineer

lol

i think this group will be good, glad i joined, i cant wait till MP hits the market, we can team build an awesome space base, copy/paste and army of ships, work together to mine ALL the asteroids, gettin' rich from all the minerals, this will be fun

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.