Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

After the Update...

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Hoizna, Apr 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Hoizna Trainee Engineer

My dedicated Server installed the update today. After the Update, i have the Problem, that in my Garage (in the ground) the Texture of the Terrain that i Mined away before the Update is there again, but i Can Walk through the texture and then See the planet (Earth) from the inside. (Everything i Built i can use, but there is that annoying texture)

Has somebody an idea how i can solve that Problem ?

Thanks for helping!

2. mojomann71 Senior Engineer

@Hoizna have you tried restarting the server again. Sometimes takes another restart after an update.

3. Nick R Trainee Engineer

I have the exact same problem on the earth planet. The terrain will appear to be back to the way it was before any mining or meteors deformed it, but the terrain changes are still there- you can walk through the apparent stone that you mined and fall into invisible meteor craters.

I could probably live with this if I had to, but when this happens, the server CPU usage starts to climb, eventually approaching 100%, and memory usage increases by about 2 GB, and the game becomes unstable and likely would crash (I restart it before that happens).

A restart of the server does not fix the terrain issue for me. I've found that if I go back into previous backup save files and copy the EarthLike-xxxxxx.vx2 file back into the current save directory, the terrain will sometimes show as it should. But eventually the issue comes back within a day or so, so it is not a permanent fix. It is basically ruining the game.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.