Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

"An error occurred while updating Space Engineers (disk read error)" after almost every update.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by COMAFSOC, Dec 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. COMAFSOC Trainee Engineer

As stated by the title, I seem to receive this error after almost every update. I'm not sure why, and since the old topic for this error ( http://forums.keenswh.com/post/an-error-occurred-while-updating-space-engineers-disk-read-error-solved-6971167 ) is marked as "solved" and I'm having slightly different results, I'm remaking it here.

I have tried every solution provided in the previous topic with little to no positive effect. The Sandbox.Game.dll file is NOT automatically starting up and running in the background, my hardware reports all come back green, verifying the integrity of the game cache gives an all-clear, I have disabled automatic updates (since then it only sometimes fails to fully update) and restarting the computer only sometimes works. When trying to update the game it downloads 100.7 MB / 100.7 MB, but then drops back down to "Update Required (Not Queued)".

I have only ever had an issue updating with Space Engineers and no other game, so I'm inclined to believe that the issue isn't really on my side, though I'm willing (of course) to look into any solution. My less-than-tech-savvy self just needs some help resolving this issue so I can get back to playing this wonderful game. Please let me know what else I can do to help resolve this and thank you for helping. =)

2. Coreinsanity Apprentice Engineer

In case it helps you, I had this issue a while back when I started playing and again recently. If any part of the game is running (dedicated server, or the game. Maybe even if you're using [and causing a lock] on one of the game's files), then it will fail to update saying something about a disk error (I think mine said i/o error). Both times I just opened up the task managed and killed the game (periodically mine will exit but not actually close, that's when this happens. It's really rare for me though).

I know you said you read the other post, and it didn't work, but you might want to consider that SpaceEngineers.exe is also not running in the background (use the task manager), nor the dedicated server (same with it).

I haven't had the problem and it be something else, to be able to give you any other info, sorry. Hope some one can help you if that doesn't.

3. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

I had this issue, turns out that the dedicated server was launching with windows as a service. Resolved once I killed it in taskmanager. took me two days to figure out. :x

4. Prince Ahmed Trainee Engineer

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.