Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

an idea for MP

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by 333546323, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

so i remember around a year ago i found this thing for your phone(theirs hundreds of things like this out there), and basically what it is it it connects a bunch of phones into a mesh and creates its own wifi and only 1 person needs to be connected to the WIFI and everyone els can get max signal because there all in a big mesh. now im no big programmer but these where phones imagine PCs. to me a big part of MP lass is peoples wifi connection and speed what is we all had the same speed of wifi. anyways this is just an idea im not sure if this will actually help and improve performance. (also you dont have to have everyone connected you can basically have people connected to their own WIFI and a part of this(inner wifi)).

2. Oskar1101 Apprentice Engineer

Like World-Wide Web of Internet?

3. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

sorta but not really

4. Cerbrus Trainee Engineer

Peer-to-peer internet connections like these rely on peers being within wifi reach of each other.
    When a peer isn't in wifi reach of anyone, that device uses their normal internet connection as a fallback. Poof, there goes any advantage you could've had.

These networks require a high density of participating devices. A density you couldn't come close to reaching with the playerbase we have for SE / ME.

5. 333546323 Apprentice Engineer

oh hmmmm

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.