Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Space Engineers New! Announcing the Stations Design Competition!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Blitzzz333, Sep 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Um-m-m-m-m-m...question!

I know time is short, but what defines a mining station? Does it have any particular design needs?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Well...never mind, then...

3. Blitzzz333 Keen PR Guy Staff

Mining Stations: Generally smaller, these stations spawn far out into space, although not nearly as far as Deep Space Stations, and are exclusively owned by NPC mining factions.
    Thanks for the

4. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I guess I should have been more detailed with my question. I was wondering whether a mining station was supposed to have refineries and other mining-related components.

5. Malware Master Engineer

@Spaceman Spiff That would be up to you wouldn't it? You have a given number of PCUs, and you have a theme (mining station). Wouldn't the point of the competition be that you design something you think would fit within that theme?

That's what I read in all this, at least, but hey, I couldn't win this competition if I submitted 100 entries so what do I know... :p

6. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I was just asking if there were any expectations, it being a mining station and all. Regardless, it's moot now.

7. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I was going to ask that, and what's the difference between an "orbital" station and a "deep space" station?
    They expected you to know :woot:

8. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

Somehow I believe you.

9. Stardriver907 Master Engineer

I managed to build a "station" within the parameters. As I predicted, it will fit inside most of the ships in my fleet.

I'm working on a screenshot. It's hilarious.

10. Spaceman Spiff Senior Engineer

I anxiously await your creation.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.