Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Anti-Griefing solution - "Force Field"

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by DarkRother, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. DarkRother Trainee Engineer

*** EDIT: to Moderator: pls delete this post, I have no permission to move nor delete it.

Hi, Let me start by saying that I'm also software developer and as fellow problem solver I was thinking about thinking about factions and ownership issue. Let me share my solution.

One of the biggest problems I see are griefers. People randomly logging into the server and running their survival ship into our bases, stealing our fuel or building warheads in our base and blowing them up. This is extremely annoying.

My solution would be introducing new object "Force field generator" that can absorb some amount of damage before letting anything in. And it also should be able to stop a ship trying to crush into your base. Giving you time to react before force field will brake. Field should be able to stop any object/player from entering inside, and letting everything out (so we can shot for inside)

What this solution is offering:
    -no need for id-assigned object system
    -simple way of denying access to unauthorized players (no griefieng)
    -denying trolls that try to destroy your base simply crushing their small survival ship.
    -this solution still allows space combat
    -nice addition to space themed combat

Hope you at consider consider this option.

Best Regards
    DarkRother

2. TungstenWall Apprentice Engineer

This has been suggested before, and a recent Q/A has suggested that shields are being avoided as much as possible.

I think it is far more likely to be fixed by adding lockable doors and containers. It would be up to the players to build their stations to withstand collisions.

Looking at Minecraft as an example you will have to wait for community created plugins/mods to get immunity shields for stations, though I really hope this wont hold true for putting codes/factions on doors, controls, and containers.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.