Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Any copies of the Keen Server config files?

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by MadGreyOne, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. MadGreyOne Trainee Engineer

Hello!

I've decided to rent a hosted SE server for myself, my imaginary friends, and hopefully some people on the internet too. To start out though, I pretty much want to setup a non experimental mode server (to start out) and slowly tweak it from there. That said, I don't think the default values in the config file that came with the server were an exact match to the current values used for the official servers.

I know where to get in and edit the files and XML is something I deal with in my day job, so I'm okay there, but I haven't seen (at least yet) anywhere I could get the current official server values. Any copy of that XML or even just a more detailed guide into exactly what each of the parameters is impacting (many are obvious, others, not so much) it would be much appreciated. I've already seen the dedicated server useful links, and they'd help me if I couldn't get to the config file or edit it, but don't seem to go into detail on what you can do once you're into the settings.

Or if there's a currently active server host who would be willing to spend 15-20 minutes running me through a few of the settings and how to make sure I've got some of the quality of life stuff setup fully. I"m very willing to learn, but would prefer to save my trial and error for in game learning, especially since there's a great community here to help out.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.