Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Asteroid Express. W.I.P pictures inside

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by Beanie, Dec 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

2. KriegsMeister Apprentice Engineer

very nice, does it have any problems staying on the track, i.e. doing some front flips when you turn the grav-gen on?

3. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

No, everything works fine due to the landing gears on the track. Try it out for yourself.

4. KriegsMeister Apprentice Engineer

nice, and I would try it but my main PC is busted right now :(

5. Jetelu Trainee Engineer

Never go in curves. Never regret. Love the idea!

6. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

Thanks Jetelu. If there is a way to make curved tracks then I'd like to know how. Right now The only way I could make tracks change direction is if I made like a motorised turn-table for the track. Maybe in the future.

7. KriegsMeister Apprentice Engineer

no way to make curved tracks (I tried and failed several times when making basic thruster monorails) but the turn-tables seem like a viable way of doing it, although tedious

8. DutchVictim Apprentice Engineer

Awesome train you got there! definitively want to see you build a complete station for it.

About those curves, they are out of the question. no way you can make a smooth turn without breaking that train. You could however make a marshalling area for your trains to make some sort of curve.

9. Stonewolf Junior Engineer

Excellent work! I love how you used doors as windows :thumb:

10. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

Thanks guys. I'll carry on building more content and see where it goes. The track takes up a lot of blocks so it'll probably hit the limit soon. That's the only reservation I have.

11. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

Added a couple more stations and more track to play with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Awesome train. However, your gravity field (used for pushing) is going to effect the passengers as well.

As for turns, try using a rotor to create a turning block. The train would stop over the block, the block would turn, train goes on.

13. Sims_doc Junior Engineer

You see this is why we can't have good things.

14. Leonhardt Senior Engineer

That rock is driving a train.

15. Ralirashi Apprentice Engineer

Also, you shouldn't have any gyros on that thing. The rail is directing the train and keeping it from going sideways. However with gyros you can still turn the thing and break it.

16. CptTwinkie Master Engineer

As a guy who has built high speed rail weapons I can tell you that gyros are quite necessary in some situations as a stabilizer. Without them the vehicle will begin to drift and quickly do damage.

This train is a solid design as far as I can tell from pictures.

17. Beanie Apprentice Engineer

I said before about making turn-tables to redirect trains. Maybe I will make something like that in the future.

There are a couple of gyros to keep it stable. Trust me they won't break it.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.