Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Attempt at playing survival mode using planets

Discussion in 'General' started by StarCore, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. PhysX Trainee Engineer

To prevent ships tipping over while you build them just place the initial landing gear on a station block.
    It will clamp on and not fall over. For some reason it doesn't do this if you place it on the planet directly.

I started my survival world by grinding down the lander and building a basic platform as well as a small ship for placing and welding blocks that are out of reach. Works great so far.

Currently my main issue is not with building but with power.
    The power efficiency modules are bugged (they cause the assembler to request less power from the batteries than it would need to run) and the solar panels stop producing power completely when they can't satisfy the demand so all the power gets supplied from the battery(instead of only filling up the missing power from the batteries),
    meaning I have to turn off my stuff during the day to not waste potential power generation time.

2. Kira Apprentice Engineer

not true. Im running an i7 with 16gb of ram. My gpu is only a 750ti though and I still get good frame rates. Our servers only problem is CONSTANT crashing.

3. TheeScrub Apprentice Engineer

Those with performance issues: Try using the earth moon or mars planet types instead of the earth like one. Also those with nVidia cards can setup a specific SE performance setting in the nVidia control panel.

4. Burillo Junior Engineer

just tried firing satellites into earth orbit. after a lot of trial and error in creative, ive created a satellite that is automatically launching itself to space (using a single large hydrogen thrust and two hydrogen tanks), splits off the hydrogen tank (it falls back to earth, so it's wasted - maybe i'll fix that so it'll autopilot to my base instead) and stays up there. i've actually created two, and they are both communicating with the base and with each other through laser antennas. this is marvellous. i'll be building a modular space station soon.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.