Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Automated disassembly problems

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help and Troubleshooting' started by vorticone, Feb 16, 2017.

1. vorticone

Hello fellow engineers,

long time reader, first time poster here, and also back after a long break. I am trying to get back into the game with a new project, and what I am working on involves more programming scripts than before. Tried searching but couldn't find out if what I am trying to do is possible or not at the moment.

I have an automated disassembly circuit in mind. Using sorters and some other stuff, I basically have a cargo container that receives items manually (but is connected to the rest of the storage containers in my grid). Then I have a script running to periodically move all items from this cargo container to my assemblers set to deconstruction. The conveyor system is taking care then of cleaning up the assembler outfeeds (via a sorter with a whitelist and drain all).

1. Since the assemblers do not start automatically when they receive items to disassemble, I am trying to start this from my programming block, but it appears as if this is not possible (yet)?

2. I then tried to work around this limitation with setting the assemblers to "Disassembling/repeat mode". It works fine with the initial deconstruction, but once the moved items are done with, and the cargo container is empty, the assemblers seem to pull other items (same type as the deconstructed ones) from elsewhere on my conveyor system. Is this normal behaviour, a bug, or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance,
    vorticone

2. Forcedminer

3. vorticone

Hmm, well, I don't like to use too many mods, so I went the creative way. And it looks like there is an easy way around the "Repeat mode bug".

I split my conveyors before the cargo buffer of the items to be disassembled by using a connector and a collector (they are touching even). By dropping the items-to-be-disassembled into the connector (set to throw out), they land in the cargo container where the disassemblers pull them from automatically. I'd have prefered a cleaner approach, but it works. :)

4. Ronin1973

Conveyor sorters do not pass any inventory when the block is shut off. So you can also use them as a gate to stop inventory from flowing into a section of your conveyor network. I think you could use a sorter on the way in and the way out of the assembler set to disassemble. The sorter ahead of the assembler can be set to pull everything but ingots. The sorter on the way out can be set to pass only ingots. I would have a third and fourth sorter to keep the disassemble area completely separate and a large cargo container within the sorter area to stash items to be disassembled and the ingots generated.