Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Awesome, We can choose where to place planets now! :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Crazie, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Crazie Trainee Engineer

Just realized this as I loaded up an empty world and decided to place down some planets. Instead of guessing where the planet will spawn you can now see two green circles that represent the outline of the planet. This is extremely helpful and I thank Keen for all their hard work.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Wonder how long has this been in? Also ping, @Etsijä ! No need to take a kiloherkko to calculate and approximate locations! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lrj52 Apprentice Engineer

It's a shame they don't add stuff like this to the changelog, because considering the most recent update we only shown as the addition of an animation for atmospheric thrusters, Keen actually hides quite a fair bit of their work.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. Ulfsark Master Engineer

Would be nice to be able to adjust the distance to character the planet is

5. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

CTRL-mouse wheel no worky?

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Ulfsark Master Engineer

*blinks* .... what? CTRL Mouse scroll is a thing? WHAT DOES IT DO????????? I've logged over 1,500 hours in this game i thought I knew all the tricks!?!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

It moves a BP/copied object forward and back from player prior to pasting.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. Mix-martes86 Senior Engineer

One learns something new every day. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. rexxar Senior Engineer

Don't feel bad, I've got 800 hours, and it took me til last month to figure out that scroll wheel speeds up spectator cam.

WHAT ELSE HAS KEEN KEPT FROM US?!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. DragonShadow Apprentice Engineer

FINALLY the answer I sought oh so pointlessly weeks ago, lol.

11. Ulfsark Master Engineer

WHAT?????????? Yeah and i just learned it now myself

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. frannic Apprentice Engineer

There are so much of the keys that are not in the F1 help menu.
    Would be nice if they updated that.

13. frannic Apprentice Engineer

Shift k for example is also one of these keys i never knew. I had to learn that from a youtuber.

14. Ulfsark Master Engineer

um, would've been nice if you mentioned what it does O_O

wow, maybe i should watch all the update videos ...

15. Clunas Junior Engineer

[​IMG] Life is now different

16. rexxar Senior Engineer

I think we need a list of every hotkey and control function. If everyone contributes we should find them all.... right?

17. Light_gemini Junior Engineer

Oh dear i learned too much new features I ignored in just 5 min. :stare:.

18. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

• Like Like x 1
  19. tankmayvin Senior Engineer

I'm laughing that this is probably the most useful thing I've posted on these forums.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Etsijä Trainee Engineer

Oh. My. God. Just now found this thread, and it is the most helpful ever. Thank you thank you thank you @Thermonuklear (my fellow Finn?) and @tankmayvin!!! Using these two tricks, pasteing planets and moons near my base was a breeze. Took me two minutes to do that.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  21. chrisb Senior Engineer

Last time I tried, you couldn't move the planet further out or in, with Ctrl+mouse wheel. That was broken last time I was in-game, I hope they fixed it. ;)

22. Syncaidius Junior Engineer

That's been fixed for a few weeks at least.

It works very well too. Moving them further in/out works on a planetary scale (kilometers instead or mere meters). :p

• Like Like x 1
  23. chrisb Senior Engineer

Yeah, I love to push the planets way out and sit back and travel to them. I have just the one jump drive, allows me a little under 800km. But I do use a speed mod (1000m/s). I tend to cruise with that (seated, can't walk around ;)), its great fun just watching as the planet gets larger and larger.

In some games that would be boring. But here in SE, we can do that in the full knowledge that once we arrive at the planet, we have full seamless landings and can build anything we like, do anything we like.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Quaxo Trainee Engineer

Um... that's not really new? That's been showing up for me since shortly after planets came out. In fact, I don't remember it not being there. To be fair, I didn't make any planets in the first month, but the first time I did it was there.

Yeah, it broke for like a week I think. Last I checked it was still working fine again.

25. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

Assrocket at your service!

• Like Like x 1
  26. Spets Master Engineer

wasn't a topic about secret keys?

In Creative, if you want to place a ship/wheeled vehicle from your blueprints on a planet, press B, it will automatically align the ship to the surface. Then you can hold Ctrl and press the arrow keys to rotate 90°

btw, the planet placement was added like 2 patchs ago

27. Quaxo Trainee Engineer

Planet modding was "officially" added two patches ago. Planet placement has a thing since 1.108 or 1.109.

28. Thermonuklear Junior Engineer

29. chrisb Senior Engineer

Just tried in creative to push a new spawned planet back with the Ctrl+mouse wheel, and it still doesn't work for me. Has anyone tried this recently ?
    Not running mods that would effect that, well at least I don't think they would. ;)

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.