Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Back Seat Idea, but I'd like it

Discussion in 'General' started by Fazar, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Fazar Trainee Engineer

I know this game, including Space Engineers is more about the architectural engineering of the game, but for survival I enjoy the plateau that is created when you 'need' certain requirements to stay alive. You may be wondering what I'm talking about; It's Farming!

I saw almost no mention of it in the interview, or in the forums so far, but I feel like that would expand the survival massively. Clearing plots of land (trees), terraforming the land (you see that already in the video) and planting crops. Or use of livestock (people mentioned horses as man power), but part of what modernizes, and creates a civilized area or even the very foundation for a civilization was the use of farming.

Not only does Farming open up a corner for something for you to do, but also opens up the option for creating creative engineering items to farm better/faster. Plows? Advanced forms of plows, or interesting pully systems? I can't think of too many more additions to that, but I have visions of said 'barbarians' attacking and you retreat to a more fortified area away from the expanse of the farm behind a keep or town center. Alternatively you could build a wall outside around the farm itself.

I'm not saying it's the most important thing, but having it in the road map I think would really spring survival into something more than hallow valueless structures. It gives worth to where you live.

Also just want to add how stoked I am for this game. Keen did awesome with Space Engineers, and now I'm all giddy about them making my other favorite setting.

2. Wintersend Senior Engineer

I would like to point out that in the suggestions section for ME that a mod actually started almost this exact same suggestion.

P.s. it actually surprised me that a mod made a suggestion on the public forums. But it is quite cool and I'm glad that they seem to act and participate mostly like other people on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2015
  3. Skeloton Master Engineer

Just want to point out Mishka is a Mod not a Dev. Dev=Green name, Mod=Blue name just to clear some confusion before it starts.

4. Wintersend Senior Engineer

Whoops, thanks for that. But still, the point stands, people on the team in some aspect for this already made this under suggestions and I think it would be better to add to that thread instead of starting a new one.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.