Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Bad rubberbanding and delays?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Derek Lewis, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Derek Lewis Trainee Engineer

I've been playing MP since the patch, on a DS (my own hosted one), with 70-150 ping, depending. A friend is playing on the same server with slightly lower pings.
    I've been experiencing really bad rubberbanding, but only in certain parts of the asteroid station we're building. I've also been experiencing weird delays with things: building, welding, grinding, getting in/out of cockpits. I'll press the key or mouse button, I'll hear the audio feedback but in game, the thing won't happen. It won't place the block, the welding/grinding progress won't change, and I'll stay inside/outside the cockpit. I can fly around, keep trying to place/weld/grind, but none of them do anything, until like 5-10 seconds later, when everything seems to "catch up".

From the shift-F11 menu sim speed both locally and the server is always 1.0 or 1.02. Render CPU and GPU hover between 90-100%, but I'm always close to 120 FPS. Thread CPU load is usually around 125%. All the server threads show below 30%, with the server thread one usually much lower

My friend doesn't seem to have these problems at all. Any thoughts?
    (We do have experimental on, and some mods and scripts running, if that could make any difference? I don't know why that would cause problems for me, but not the other player.)

2. Bullet_Force Apprentice Engineer

I can confirm this. I was playing on a server earlier and it was rubber branding every few seconds. The server sim speed was constantly dropping to 0.40 then going back up to 1 and then back down.

3. Derek Lewis Trainee Engineer

My sim speed has been fine. The rubber banding seems to be happening near where the surface of asteroid used to be. Much of it has since been mined away, but near the surface, the game rubberbands me like crazy. I loaded once, and the old voxel model of the asteroid was still there for me, but my friend could see the mined away one properly.

The 10 second glitch is far worse. I'll build blocks, and it'll just... not do anything. I'll be building along fine, and then I just suddenly won't be able to build anything for 10 seconds, sometimes longer, like a minute.

4. Kero Trainee Engineer

Also had the same issue the other day, server and client sim 1.0 and ping under 100 but rubber-banding like crazy when trying to weld my small ship.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.