Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Battery Charging

Discussion in 'Gameplay Help and Troubleshooting' started by anejclaw, Feb 6, 2017.

1. anejclaw

I've hit an issue with charging the batteries of a small ship and I'm not sure if it's bugged.

Have a station on the planet surface which has 4x solar panels and 4x batteries, I want to use this station to recharge the batteries of small ships.

My small ship has 2x batteries and no solar power or reactor.

The batteries on the station have all been set to discharge (also tried with no option selected), all 4 of these batteries are at max charge. Batteries on the small ship are set to charge and have minimal stored power.

When it is daytime and the small ship is connected to the station through the connector block the batteries on the small ship show they are slowly charging at 200kw each.

However if it is night then the batteries on the small ship will not charge at all.
    • Why will the ship not charge from the full batteries on the station when it is night time, this seems like it should be possible?
    • It seems the ships batteries will only recharge direct from the solar panels, given that the max witnessed charge rate is 200w, should this not be the smallest value of station max battery output/ship max battery input
    Edit: This might be a known issue http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/1-...er-while-on-recharge.7392523/#post-1287038719

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  2. Ronin1973

Batteries are bugged at the moment. If you set them to recharge then you get free power. If you leave them in autonomous mode (no settings selected) there's a good possibility that small block batteries attached via a connector will just drain until empty.

3. odizzido

Power in general has been bugged for a while. It seems that it's expanding....like space jelly.