Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Blocklimits on DS

Discussion in 'Groups & Dedicated Servers' started by Martronix, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Martronix Trainee Engineer

Hey guys,

I am running a DS on a hosted server and with the new MP update I have a global GPU limit set.

Is there anyway to edit the config file or so to bring back the old block limits?
    Because right now I have people building mining/grinding/welding monstrosities "because they can" and would like to have enforcement other than me having to check every grid.

2. Roxette Senior Engineer

With the server shut down you need to edit the server configuration file SpaceEngineers-Dedicated.cfg as well as the Sandbox.sbc file of the save. Depending on the hosting company you may not be able to edit the server configuration file directly, or even at all without creating a new world. Some companies support for SE is basically rubbish.

In both files there is one line that sets the type of limits set:

<BlockLimitsEnabled>PER_FACTION</BlockLimitsEnabled>

and a block that defines any specific limits for individual block types:

<BlockTypeLimits>
    <dictionary>
    <item>
    <Key>Assembler</Key>
    <Value>2</Value>
    </item>
    <item>
    <Key>Refinery</Key>
    <Value>2</Value>
    </item>
    </dictionary>

Both files need to be changed to the settings you require. Keen have never resolved issues of duplicate data in these two places being inconsistently applied.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.