Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Blueprinting Disabled for Non-Owned Grids: Agree or Disagree?

Discussion in 'General' started by AceNepets, Feb 16, 2017.

?

Blueprinting Disabled for Non-Owned Grids: Agree or Disagree?

This poll will close on Mar 2, 2017 at 19:07.
  1. Disagree / Retain Previous Behavior: Blueprint anything anywhere.

9.3%
  2. Agree / Keep New Behavior: Only Blueprint Grids You Own

79.6%
  3. Other: Describe solution in comments

11.1%
  1. Malware

The programs remain

2. Mike55520

Being that ive caught 2 players actively passing my ships off as their own i agree with this change wholeheartedly. Its one thing if they legitimately capture your ship, but they should never have been able to just bp it and weld their own, esp in SMP where factions spend months on a ship to make it competitive.
    --- Automerge ---
    transfer ownership. Done.

3. FlakMagnet

I am not a big online player. but it is VERY easy to see why this has been done.

And Ronin summed it up.

As far as my survival single player experience goes, this has no impact whatsoever, and I will not be affected in a negative way. If I want to capture a pirate ship, I capture it and take it apart to see what is where. It can be a hcallenge to find where beacons, timer blocks and those last hidden bits are lurking, and I don;t want cheat help to make it easier.
    I cannot understand why people are so concerned about not being able to blueprint anything they can see. You can still blueprint owned grids, so any ship you are given ownership to...you can blueprint. It just means the ship owner has control, not anyone who can see it. Whilst I am not going to accuse the complainers of cheating ( though this 'feature' was being used primarily to cheat )....I fail to see why losing this facility is such a serious problem....but I can clearly see the reason the exploit needs to be shut down.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Renegrade

Voted other too for exactly the same reason.

I've been reading that you have to OWN the blueprints to copy them..and that being in the same faction doesn't count. Is this true? I don't see why faction members wouldn't want to share. I want to share with my faction members, at least..

5. Shatara422

A server option seems the most reasonable solution to me. Let it toggle between 'Owner', 'Faction', and 'Anyone'. Default to Faction.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Echillion

My friends don't publish their designs on the workshop as its public.

7. Veritas

I voted other for the same reason, but in the change log thread, @rexxar mentioned it was usable on friendly and "nobody" grids, just not on hostile/neutral faction-owned grids, which is much more reasonable. I haven't tested it yet to see which is reality, but some clarification on the intended form would be appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. oleando

Make a "share blueprint" button, or make blueprint disks for survival.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wicorel

You can change workshop entries to be 'Friends Only' or even 'Private'.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Captain Broadstairs

It might be a dirty word to some, but to me this here is an example of the sort of emergent gameplay that is needed to make survival an engaging experience. Its amazing how much richer gameplay is when a problem is presented to players in a sandbox, because they will develop different ways from piracy and trade to espionage. I'm all for making it a challenge to get the blueprint because, at least in my case, I'll get bored if something is too easily achieved without needing a creative solution.

11. Bullet_Force

Pure PVP player here. I'd like to say this is a welcome change and one that I have request for over a year now. Most of my weapon designs utilize a bunch of custom scripts to function properly and I always found it ridiculous that someone could sit a few km's out from your base and 'snipe' your designs with no risk or effort. Previously I would wipe the PB blocks on my ships before logging out to somewhat counter that. This is a much needed change that will make PVP more fun and interesting.

Besides there is plenty of designs on the workshop that noobs can steal to make their own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. REDSHEILD

There's an easy way around this with just simple ownership transfers.

This doesn't prevent people from sharing blueprints willingly, it only prevents the uninvited from blueprinting your designs.

• Agree Agree x 1