Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Blueprints and Planets

Discussion in 'General' started by Xakthos, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. Xakthos Apprentice Engineer

So I'm having a bit of a problem. If I blueprint a base then try to place it again I end up having to paste it into the air and let it fall to the ground. Underground bases are totally un-blueprintable in that I can't paste them effectively at all (after all voxels in the way). Is there a way around this? I'd like to build bases on planets that can be reused but even designing a 'crash from pasting' system I can't get the ground to line up or anything if I place them down. Essentially planetary builds become one shot designs that can never again be reused effectively.

2. Knsgf Junior Engineer

Build a flat foundation, then paste your base on top of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Xakthos Apprentice Engineer

Well I tried that and invariably it ends up tilting or otherwise not laying functionally well when I repaste it. Rarely is the ground smooth enough that I don't end up walking a an angle off a base that when created was flat. It works if I build a tiny 5x5 structure but going to any scale just breaks that totally.

4. GrindyGears Senior Engineer

Assuming since you're talking about copy paste I'll assume youre using creative. Just try this:
    dig an oversized hole

place the first station block in line with where your copy point is

Paste in the base

Use voxel hands to fill up the voids

That'd be my only real thought for it.

5. Braethias Apprentice Engineer

with the new grid auto alignment this shouldn't be an issue anymore though. Slap down any block and hit B and that should do it. also, where you copy the base FROM is important too. find the lowest point, copy from that and when you paste it onto a little foundation it'll snap to and auto combine.

6. Bahroth Apprentice Engineer

I has news, If you split it into sub sections.
    In creative spectator you can make blocks that have a plane of themselves completely under voxels you can make an extension from that block underground in spectator!

Here is a bit of a visualization-

If you can handle the frustration of placing the chunks properly you can just paste underneath where you need to build, then with a combo of what @GrindyGears mentioned to align the surface, a lot of hard work yes, though I dont think you can do anything about survival though atm.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xakthos Apprentice Engineer

That's a very interesting technique you found there. Sure you'd have to dig back out the interior of the base but it is far better than nothing. Very interesting indeed. I'll have to tinker with this and see how it goes.

Edit: Yeah I just spent while trying to make this work. When I do the paste portion, the base starts 'falling' through the world until it vanishes. I can't seem to get them to match up and lock together.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.