Welcome to Keen Software House Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the KSH community.
  1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Create your own forum account to access all forum functionality.

Boarding Torpedoes!

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by BuzzardRO, Apr 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.
  1. BuzzardRO Trainee Engineer

Send the crew to their pods, come alongside the enemy ship and launch a broadside of torpedoes manned by a single crew member. These torpedoes have a shaped charge meant to allow the torpedo to punch through a ships hull where the boarding crew member can disembark and wreak havoc.

What do you guys think?

2. Ra'Jiska Trainee Engineer

I don't think it does really need an update since you can built it by yourself with the already existing blocks.

3. dekul Trainee Engineer

Uh.... you can already have this? Fairly certain I've seen a dozen videos of people who've made just that. And some pretty sophisticated launch systems as well.

4. BuzzardRO Trainee Engineer

Oh... I see... Alright then, never mind this.

5. Grim Apprentice Engineer

With the new block, I don't think we will need a sophsiticated launch system anymore.

6. dekul Trainee Engineer

Uh, considering the title of the game is 'space engineers' and not 'space marines', I think you're expected to do the work yourself...

7. Hatchie Apprentice Engineer

This! I'm going to battle much in this game, but the point (and difference from just straight space shooters) is that you need to engineer the mechanics for your ships to have the advantage over enemy!

8. BuzzardRO Trainee Engineer

Yeah I should have clarified a bit. I don't really expect a boarding torpedo to be a selectable build item like a landing gear for example. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of what components that are not currently available would be needed to build such a thing properly. Maybe a new type of detonation device with a focused blast or something like that.

...and Space Marines are awesome.

9. Rizzitoni Apprentice Engineer

Well, I think after today's update you have your answer:
    - Mount side mounted gravity generator with gravity facing the direction to send torpedos, then turn power off.
    - Add landing gear next to gravity generator.
    - Create a torpedo using mass effect block and explosive block.
    - Copy and paste torpedo so it is next to the landing gear block (i.e. turns yellow).
    - Activate landing gear block.
    - Turn on gravity generator.
    - Fly your ship... when next to enemy hit P, which will turn off landing gear and release the torpedo(s).
    - Fly your ship into the hole created by torpedo and board.

10. Black spiky thing Apprentice Engineer

Use a few rockets on a weakpoint and be sure to have heavy armor slopes on the front.

Use the mass block to increase inertia.

Thread Status:
This last post in this thread was made more than 31 days old.